Chapter 14

"TODAY? I HAVE TO MARRY YOU TODAY?"

"Yes of course! No time like the present right? Anyway I'll have to maids help you into your dress and I'll see you on the ale"

Hours later, at around sunset, I was then taken away by his maids and we went into a room. They were putting a dress on me and I was crying so one of the four maids asked me, "Are you alright ma'am? Is the corset to tight?"

"Oh no it's not that. I-I-I just want Ethan. I don't want to marry James. If this wasn't for the safety of him and my friends I would already run away"

"You are very noble y'know? Not many people would trade their own freedom for their friends' safety."

"But I can't do this. I can't marry James."

"Why would that be?"

"It's because you love him." She looked horrified , "And I right or and I wrong?"

"But I can't marry James, he is a king and I am not of noble blood."

"What's your name?"

"I am Rose"

"Rose, you're going to marry James. You love him and me knowing that I can't take him away from you."

"How did you know that I like him ma'am? If you don't mind me asking."

"I guess you could say that it's a skill. And you kinda admitted that you couldn't marry him because you weren't 'of noble blood'. Besides we look somewhat alike so you can just put this dress on I can leave, I can go to Ethan!"

"That's a great plan but I am still not of noble blood."

"Neither am I"

I quickly took of the dress and gave it to Rose, I took her maids uniform.

"This doesn't feel right?"

"It's fine. Now you other maids, sorry for calling you that but, could you not tell his majesty about this."

"No we won't, we know how much Rose likes him."

"Good. Thanks, I am pretty sure Rose thanks you as well.

"I do. You are all the greatest friend I could ever have."

"Come. It's time to go. I wish you happiness Rose. You three as well. I'll be taking my leave during the ceremony."

The five of us walked out of the room, the four of them headed for the King.

I running for the door but when I was in the main hallway I ran into someone.

"Oh I am so sorry. I was just heading out. I didn't mean it run into you. Wait wh-why are you going to the ceremony?"

"Because the king stole my lover!"

"ETHAN?"

"CARLA?"

"It's you!"

He hugged me, "You're not marry James! THANK GOD!"

"Ethan he was trying to make me marry him but I changed places with Rose."

"Who's Rose?"

"A house maid that loves him. She looks just like me. Its fine. Please we have to go now."

"We can't leave."

"Right, I meant let's leave the castle. We can leave town in a couple of days."

"Right let's go!"

We ran out of the castle and towards the inn. As fast as we possibly could.

We got into our room. Lucia, Ray and Eki were waiting for us.

"RAY! LUCIA! EKI!" I ran up to them and hugged them.

"You're alright!"

"Yes I'm fine." I turned to Ethan and hugged him, "If I'd not known you all I would have been imprisoned for my whole life."

"You must be tried. Why don't we send the boys out of the room and we go to bed?"

"If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to sleep with Ethan. I feel safer. James may come looking for us. And y'know what, we'll ever take Lucia so you and Ray can be alone."

Eki turned red in the face as did Ray, "Why would I want to sleep with Ray."

"Stop lying, you and Ray are lovers and you have been since the start of this quest."

"Well um, thanks Conan."

"No problem"

Ray and Eki walked out of the room. Ethan sat down next to Lucia, they both looked at me. I walked over to the chair in the corner and sat down. They were still looking at me, "Um must you two stare?"

They were talking at the same time but gave different answers. Lucia said, "I'm sorry I just can't believe you are a girl." And Ethan had said, "I'm sorry but you're just so beautiful I couldn't help but stare."

"Well thanks for the wonderful apologies."

"No problem" they both said together.

"At least you said the same thing this time. Anyway, I am really tried. I want get some sleep. We have a lot of walking to do tomorrow." I curled up on the chair and closed my eyes.

"What the hell are you doing Conan?"

"Sleeping" I mumbled

"Conan you're not really going to sleep in a chair again are you?"

"Lucia, could you please stop talking and go to sleep?"

"Ethan, are you really going to let her sleep there? She wanted to sleep with you and you know it."

Ethan walked over to me and picked me up. I was cradled in his arms like I was in James'. I started to shake out of fear. My eye shot open. When Ethan looked at my face, he realized that I was scared he quickly set me down, "Oh my god! Carla! Are you okay? What's wrong?"

I didn't respond. I was standing there next to Ethan frozen. Lucia got up and came next to me. They were calling my name and shaking me but all I could do was stand there in fear. I was reliving the one and only night I stayed in the castle.

"Carla! Carla! What's wrong? Answer me!"

"Help me Ethan" I whispered I could hear James voice saying that Ethan would not save me.

"Carla, I am right here!"

"Ethan don't touch her"

"What why?"

Lucia pushed Ethan away and stepped back as well, "She is fine, kinda, she is reliving a traumatic moment"

"What traumatic moment? I was able to hold her before" it stuck Ethan; it was James who inflicted this upon her, "Him? He did this to her?"

"Ethan? What happened?"

"Oh Carla!" he hugged me.

"What happened? I-I remember was that I was sitting in the chair and" he kissed me on the lips.

"I was just carrying you over to the bed so you could get a good nights rest."

"Okay, well I rather sleep on the chair, floor, the beds is too comfy for my liking."

"Sorry, but you're sleeping in the bed again. Lucia are you going to sleeping in the chair?"

"Yes sir Ethan sir."

"Well good night guys" I laid down on the edge of the bed and closed my eyes. Ethan laid down as well. He moved up against me, curling up close. He put his arm around me and pulled me in close. I rolled over to face him. I whispered, "You're very close Ethan."

"Can't I be close to the one I love? Be close to you?"

"Of course you can but this is still really weird."

"I'm sorry is there anything I can do for you?"

"No" I kissed him then turned over and fell asleep.