Chapter 11

James stood up, "You're a girl?"

I was crying now. "Yes, I am a girl but I was raised as a boy because that is what my parents wanted. I have always thought of myself as a person with no sex but lately, on my quest, I found myself becoming more and more like a girl. Now Maria tell him. Tell him what you've done. Or I'll tell him."

"Tell him what?"

"What you've done. I have figured it out."

She looked stunned, "YOU'LL NEVER GET THE STONE! NOT WHILE I AM ALIVE!"

"GET DOWN JAMES." I had spotted the others by then, "Ray, Lucia, Eki, Ethan, help me!"

All but Ethan run in to assist me. Maria and Ray are in a full out magic battle. Lucia and Eki were assisting King James, telling him what was going on. I ran over to Ethan. The whole time I was run and talking with Ethan, I could feel a pair of eyes watching me.

"Ethan, what is the matter?"

"You're a girl?"

"Yes I am a girl. I am so sorr-"before I was able to finish, Ethan grabbed the collar of my unbuttoned shirt and pulled me into him, our lips met and before I knew it he was kissing me. It was a deep kiss that was able to take me over. It was like I was unable to move. I thought I would push away when I got my first kiss but I let Ethan kiss me.

"Shut up. Shut up Conan."

"No! We can't do this. It's not right. We're in battle!" I pushed away from Ethan and grabbed his sword and handed to him. I ran off into the battle. Maria was still throwing spells at Ray; Ray was throwing spells at her. I jumped up behind Maria and wrapped my arm her neck, my dagger was pointed inward at her neck.. She froze, as did everyone else.

"Don't hurt her. I need to know why she did this and I want to punish her appropriate to her treason."

"Maria, tell us why now! Tell us why you stole the stone! And t3

ell me why you made me disarm and share my secret? YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOSE HERE! I HAVE THE UPPER HAND!"

She smirked, "Because I wanted to rule the world"

Everyone was thrown back. James was asked, "Why would you want that? Why want all that responsibility and power?"

"Because I am the only one who is fit to rule. I am the only one would could have to power and knowledge to-"

"YOU'RE WRONG MARIA! YOU'RE VERY VERY WORNG!"

"What do you mean?" Looking almost nervous Maria asked

"Throughout this whole mission it's been Conan who led us, feed us, hell, HE KEEPED US ALIVE! HE FIGURED YOU OUT BEFORE ANYONE ELSE OF US!"

"He is amazing and smart. He is talented and he has something you don't have!" Eki said

"What could that ass possible have that I don't?"

"A heart." Ray said, "That's what! She has a fucking heart! It's something you will never have!"

At that moment palace guards came and grabbed Maria and I, "Not that one, only Maria."

"But sir"

"NO BUTS JUST MARIA!"

"YES SIR"

They took Maria to the dungeon with magic proof walls and doors. Life in those walls. King James said that we could stay and rest at his place for a few days. We accepted his offer. He had also given us our stone back (He gave it to Eki). Although we can't stay long we are staying for a while. I was sitting alone on the third floor balcony. I was drinking and thinking. My long black hair was flowing in the wind I had my wig in one hand and a bottle of alcohol in the other. I then heard a voice come from the door behind me. I turned, it was Ethan.

"Hello Ethan"

"Hey Conan. May I join your drinking?"

"Um yeah" I turned away from him while I was turning red in the face.

He sat by me with his own bottle and said"Don't look away."

"Ethan-"

"You're beautiful. You're a woman, which I am surprised by-"

"Ethan I-"

"But I except you the way you are-"

He was talking as though I wasn't talking, "Ethan I-"

"Before you came out with the fact that you're a girl I was starting to feel a little weird around you but that is normal righ-"

"Ethan I really like you b-"

He pulled me into a hug. His body was warm and I was shaking. Then in a weak voice he said, "I love you" he put his hand on my chin and pulled me face towards him.

"No we can't! This isn't right!" I pushed away from him tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"Why are you pushing me away? I love you; do you not love me back?"

"This just isn't right. I'm so sorry Ethan I just"

"Do you not like me?

"It's not that, it just. I-I," I started to shake and cry, "Ethan it's just that I-I"

Ethan wrapped arms around me tighter, "You don't have to say anymore Conan."

"Carla."

"What?"

"That's my real name."