Chapter 6

At sundown we were on the edge of a path.

"Will have to walk the path tonight or will never make it to the next town by tomorrow." I said

"Why do we have to be there by tomorrow?" Ray snapped

"Okay, fine let's rest on the side of this pathway in a place where danger is around every comer" Lucia said sarcastically

So we walked on through the night. In complete quiet.

The sun rose from over the horizon. The five of us were all tried but we had finally made it to village. When we got there we were greeted by an old woman.

"Oh hello there. Welcome to our home."

"Hello to you too" Eki said cheerful and smiled brightly

"Are you all travelers?"

Eki looked at you then answered, "Yes we are"

"Well you must be hungry; you must need a place to stay. I have a huge house and the town is having a feast tomorrow. How's about it then?"

"That sounds great, right guys?"

They all agreed. I stayed quiet but followed along.

At the women's house we all had our own rooms, which was nice and all, but I had to talk with Ethan so I went to his room.

KNOCK KNOCK "Ethan it's me open up"

He opened the door, "What are you doing here? We need to get our sleep."

"Ethan I don't trust that lady we need to be super careful" I whisper into ear. Then aloud I say, "Ethan I am scared. Let me sleep in here with you."

"WHAT?" I mouthed 'play along' "Oh of course you can stay with me"

We walked into his room and we sat on his bed.

"Conan"

"SH!!!" I shushed him as quickly as possible. We were sitting right next to one another. Then I leaned even closer into him, my mouth was by his ear, "No Ethan. We can't talk out loud she'll hear us. She wants to kill us we are not safe here. We'll have to play it cool until we have chance to get away."

"Why did you let us come here?" his voice tickled back into my own ear, "If you knew this whole time, why let us come here?

"There is something here that we need. I just don't know what it is but it is importation."

"Conan" he looked down at my hands "Tell the others"

"You tell Ray though"

We were sitting at the long table for there has not been a chance to leave.

"Let's eat everyone" the leader of the feast said. Everyone just sat there looking at us. We all had to look like we were going to eat so Eki took some of the fish off the lager plate in the middle of the table. We all followed her by doing the same. She must have forgotten and start to raise the food to her mouth.

"DON'T EAT IT EKI! IT'S POSINED!"

Ray knocked it out of her hand and stood up, ready to fight them because the towns people had all gotten up. They all had something to fight with, whether it's a sword or knife they we ready to fight.

"Let's get out of here" Lucia's voice tickled me ear.

"And leave Ray?"

"Thought you didn't like him?"

"We can't leave him!'

"Get Eki and Get out! Me, Ethan and Ray will follow you out."

I nodded and picked up Eki in my arms. I was cradling her, "PUT MY DOWN CONAN!"

"Shut up! I am saving you ass. Don't argue or fight me."

She was stunned and froze at my words. I ran her out and minutes later the others ran out. The hall was burning.

"What did you do?"

"Set the hall on fire and all the doors are locked."

"YOU'RE GOING TO KILL THEM?"

"No Eki I would never kill anyone. It's a fake fire so it'll just scary them until we are able to get out of here. Once we leave the town the fire will die out and they will be set free. So let's get out for here."

"Smart thinking Ray!" I told him. Honestly it was the truth. I never would have thought of that.

We started to walk in silence again, then I remembered something, "Ethan, how's your arm?"

"Oh um fine, my arms fine."

Once we started to talk Ray and Lucia started to bicker and Eki tried to stop them. It was the nice friendly atmosphere as it was in the beginning. I smiled because we were all getting along once again.