Chapter 9

I walked in the door to see Ethan kissing the lady at the front desk. I guess they just found out I was missing and that bitch wouldn't tell 'em without a kiss!

"NOW WHERE THE HELL IS OUR FRIEND?"

I was shaking at the doorway as Ethan yelled pushing away from her.

"I'm right here Ethan. You can stop yelling now."

I walked into the inn holding a few bags.

"Where have you been?" Eki asked

"Why didn't you tell anyone you were leaving?" Lucia asked

"What the hell's your problem?" Ray demanded

"You're safe!" Ethan ran over and hugged me.

"I'm sorry you guys. I was only going to be gone for ten minutes. I was going to get us all armor and fix up your swords, Ray's staff and Lucia's bow and arrows. My dagger needed a tune-up. I didn't know it was going to take an hour."

"God damn it! Tell someone before you go! I thought you were going to bed!" he squeezed me tighter.

"It was going to be a gift"

They all looked shocked. The lady from behind the desk gagged then left.

"Conan, why did you want to give us a gift?" Eki said quietly.

"Yeah Conan, why?'

"As my thanks to you all. For being great people to journey with"

"THANK YOU" they all said.

"Now it's time for bed so we are ready for tomorrow. We leave at dark. So um Ethan you can you let go so we can walk up the stairs?"

"Oh uh yeah" he awkwardly let go.

Once in bed Ethan fell right asleep. I turned to face him. His beautiful muscularly face looked back at me. I looked at him for a while then I whispered to him as tear came out of my eyes, "I'm so sorry Ethan"

"What are you sorry 'bout?" Ethan's groggy voice asked me.

"Oh sorry, didn't mean to wake you" I turned over so my back is facing him.

"You didn't wake me I wasn't a sleep yet, just laying with my eyes closed." Ethan moves a little closer to me.

"E-Ethan what are yo-you doing?"

He had put his arm around me then started to snore. He mumbles, "You're so...little...fragile... just... let me... stay...like this..."

I wasn't going to wake him but I couldn't sleep like this I was to uncomfortable.