Chapter 2: Are You Okay?

Spencer’s POV

Today we had an off day. Yesterday we just finished one of our longest cases yet. We were in Texas again and it brought back all those old memories but I had to put it aside because I was starting to slack and the rest of the team noticed. Agent Hoch even reprimanded me about it about three days ago.

~~~Three Days Ago~~~

Hoch: Reid.
….
Hoch: Reid!!!!!
Reid: Yes, yes. I’m listening,
Hoch: I’ve been calling you for the last 3 minutes. What is going on?
Reid: I was just thinking, what’s up?
Hoch: Don’t what’s up me. You need to tell me what is going on with you?
Reid: Nothing.
Hoch: You better tell me or I’ll get the pilot to take you back to Quantico.
Reid: No, that won’t be necessary. I’m on this fully.
Hoch: You know you can tell me if anything is wrong. I’ll listen.
Reid: No there’s nothing.
Hoch: Reid I know you and I know that there is something going on with you.
Reid: If there is something going on it really doesn’t involve you.
Hoch: If it affects the case and it affects one of my top agents then it involves me.
Reid: It’s my life and I promise you that it will not in any way affect this or any other case we have. Please.
Hoch: If it’s so okay then but just know that I’m here for you no matter when and what it involves.
Reid: Thank you. Now what do you say we go back t work. We have a pedophile to catch.
Hoch: I like that idea.

~~~End Of Flashback~~~

I really thought I was handling it correctly. I guess in the future I should be more careful.

~~~Somewhere Else~~~

Do you think it’s a good idea to allow any one close to them right now?
Yes I don’t see them as a threat to society anymore.
How sure are you?
They have been here for almost help a year now and they haven’t shown any signs of hostility or any sort of violence towards anyone here and she has allowed him to come out for the first time in six months and I’m sure he’s afraid so seeing a familiar face will certainly help.
Okay if you are so sure, I guess I can give them the permission to allow him to get a visitor while visiting only starts next week.
Really, you know I’m in charge right?
Yes I do but they are my patients.
Not for long.
Tell me are you getting their friend here so that you can get rid of them?
No, their police sentence is up. They are not violent anymore, one takes perfectly good care of the other and they have a friend who takes care of them AND he’s out which is a major breakthrough.
Okay and speaking of the friend. I think we should call and let ‘em know.
Yes, I’ll go call from my office.
Okay. I’ll go get them set up to be discharged.
If he’s ready bring him to my office. I would like to have a conversation with him before the friend get’s here.
Okay see you Boss.

Back To Spencer.

So here I was sitting in my house in front of my computer when my phone rang. It wasn’t who I expected it to be.

Call: Hello Reid, can you open up?
Reid: Open up what?
Call: Open up your gate. I’m here and I want to see you.
Reid: Oh, wait up. I’m opening it now.

Reid: Hi, did something happen? Is everything okay with the last c…
Hoch: Can I talk now?
Reid: Yes sorry, you were saying?
Hoch: Reid, I’m really worried about you. You haven’t been paying attention at work, you’re spacing out almost all the time, that’s not like you at all.
Reid: It’s nothing serious.
Hoch: Does it have something to do with work or is it personal?
Reid: It’s sorta personal.
Hoch: Are you in some kind of trouble?
Reid: No, gosh no. I’ve fallen in love with someone and I don’t think, actually I know no one in my life will accept that person.
Hoch: Reid we’re all your family here. You have Garcia, Morgan, JJ, Prentiss, Rossi and I and we would all support you and your decisions.
Reid: I know that. But like I said once you find out who it is…
Hoch: Spencer, listen to me.
Reid: Yes.
Hoch: No look at me. Good. I will stand by you no matter how crazy the person is that you’ve fallen in love with.
Reid: Really, thank you.
Hoch: You’re like a son to me and I’ll always be the first one to support and protect you.