Chapter 40: New Revelations

Everything was back to no normal the following morning. Adam woke up early in order to have breakfast with Reid and they talked for a bit until it was time for Reid to go to work...

===BAU===

Reid’s POV

Unlike recently Reid was not the first person at work this morning. They were all sitting and doing work when Reid decided to go make himself coffee.

P:  One of us needs to talk some sense into him before he completely distances himself from the team.

JJ: I agree but it has to be the right person otherwise he won’t listen.

Ro: I think you should go Morgan.

M: Why me?

P: Because you and he are best friends.

M: Okay I guess. (He said getting up and walking to their mini kitchen)

Kitchen

M: Hey kid, I think we need to talk.

R: About what? About how you hate my relationship with Adam because you already made that very clear.

M: I care about you and I don’t want you to get hurt, Reid.

R: If that’s the case then why are you hurting me huh? The fact that my best friend does not accept my relationship hurts me, ever thought about it that way?

M: Reid, you saw the same thing we did in Texas. You saw what happened because of him and yet you choose to pursue this relationship with him.

R: He was dressed up like a girl, abused and raped by his father and built an alter ego in order to protect himself. His alter ego had enough and decided to take revenge. I’m not saying that what she did was right but that doesn’t mean that you should all judge Adam because of that. You guys aren’t even making the effort to get to know him, Hotch is the only one who actually cares because he made an effort which is more than I can say about the rest of you who just decide to judge Adam based on a case file about his alter ego. (He said before side stepping Morgan and going back into the bullpen)

...

A while later while everyone was busy filling out their case files Hotch came down from his office in search of coffee but made a quick detour to Reid’s desk.

H: Reid, Jack really enjoyed himself and he can’t get enough of that book Adam bought for him and he doesn’t stop talking about his new friend Adam.

 R: Adam is the same. He’ll be glad to know that he and Jack are on the same page.

H: Well once Jack has wormed his way into someone’s heart there is no going back.

R: Believe me, I know that. Jack is a really sweet boy.

H: We should make plans to get together again.

R: I won’t object.

Hotch smiled and continued on his path to the kitchen. The rest of the team sat in aw about what they just heard because they all knew how protective Hotch was of his son and the fact that he trusted Adam to be in the same room with him. That ALMOST made then reconsider their feelings about him but decided that Hotch probably only did it to make Reid feel better.

Meanwhile...

Adam’s POV

Adam sat in front of the television trying to figure out whether he should tell Jackson about his past but couldn’t come up with a proper answer so he decided to call a few people for advice.