Chapter 21: Sunday Lunch...

It turned out the pastor lived close to the church and they arrived at the pastor’s house fifteen minutes later. He lived in a pretty cliché house with the white picket fence and the white painted walls. They pastor ushered them into the house where they were immediately hit with the amazing smell of all the food his wife was making.

Adam and Spencer both started smiling.

Pastor: It smells good doesn’t it?

A: Amazing. It smells so delicious.

He said and all three of them started laughing.

Linda: (Pastor’s wife): I thought I heard you pull up... (She said pausing when she saw Adam and Spencer) I didn’t know we were having guest.

{Linda and John both looked like they were in their early forties)

Pastor: (John): I invited them, I hope you don’t mind.

L: Not at all dear, you know how I love having people over.

J: I do. Well I’ll quickly go change and come help you in the kitchen.

L: Okay dear. (She said as he gave her a kiss and went up the stairs)

...

L: Anything I can get you dears she asked as they walked into the kitchen.

S: Thank you but nothing for me,

A: I’d like some water please.

L: Okay here you go.

A: Thank you.

S: Anything we can do to help. (He said looking around at the pots still cooking on the stove)

L: No thank, I have everything handle and we’ll be eating soon but what you can do is set the table for me.

A: Just tell us where everything is. (He said smiling)

She showed them where all the things were and then sharply turned around starring at Adam as Spencer started setting the table.

L: Wait, aren’t you the two boys from church this morning, the FBI agent and his little friend?

A: Yes we are and I’m his boyfriend ma’am.

L: Call me Linda and I knew the two of you were together when I saw you.

A: Really?

L: Yes dear. I saw your little not so discreet blush when he said that he was here on personal business.

A: I thought I hid that well.

L: Well, when you’re a mother of two girls and three boys you learn to pick up on those ‘discreet’ little facial expressions. (She said putting air quotes around the word discreet)

A: Wow, five kids. I wouldn’t have guessed looking at you. You look way too young to have five children.

L: You’re flattering me. (She smiled turning back to the pots) I had my first child at just twenty years old and I just loved being a mother so much that I decided to have four more. (She joked)

A: Well then you’re very lucky.

L: Thank you dear.

S: And thank you for the not helping me set the table like YOU offered. (He said walking over to Adam and Linda from the now set table)

A: It was a pleasure hon.

Spencer just shook his head as Linda and Adam laughed.

J: What has everybody laughing so much? (He asked entering the kitchen)