Chapter 42: Ultimate Trust...

Spencer got home around nine and they were busy preparing for bed. They both finished brushing their teeth and Adam helped Spencer unpack and then they went to bed.

S: So are you going to tell me what’s wrong? (He asked as they both were sitting under the covers on their bed)

A: What makes you think that there is anything wrong?

S: Because you’ve been quieter than usual, love and I am a profiler.

A: Then stop profiling me, nothing is wrong.

S: Okay you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to I’m not going to pressurise you.

A: I told Jackson everything. (He said with his face in his hands)

S: I wanted to be here when you told him, how did he take it?

A: I had a nightmare and he wanted to know why and he was totally cool about it.

S: Really?

A: Yeah.

S: Now can you please tell me what your nightmare was about?

A: It’s no big deal.

S: It was a big enough deal to call Jackson to tell him about it.

A: Spence... fine. (He said as he started telling Spencer about his nightmare)

S: I am so sorry that I wasn’t here, why didn’t you just call me?

A: I didn’t want to disturb you, you were working a tuff case and you needed your rest.

S: But still you should have told me.

A: Then what would you have done? Would you have left your case to come home to me because if you had I wouldn’t talk you?

S: You’re right, but why didn’t it happen while I was here?

A: When I first came back at Jefferson’s I had a nightmare that night and I couldn’t sleep and then after we got together I never had one again and since this was the first night you were away I guess that brought it back.

S: Did Jackson spending the day help at all?

A: He didn’t spend the day, his been here since Monday night. He just left yesterday to go get a few of his things and I didn’t have any nightmares last night.

S: Oh.

A: I didn’t do anything wrong did I?

S: No, I’m happy you had someone with you. I’m glad that you didn’t go through it alone.

A: So what are you thinking about now?

S: What happens if I have to leave again, you can’t call Jackson every time I’m out on a case, he has school?

A: Jackson told me that I didn’t have a chose in the matter. He said that if you were out on a case that he’d be here and when his school starts that he’d go to the institute from here.

S: I’m happy that we have such an amazing friend.

A: Me too.

S: I love you, okay, always remember that.

A: I will. I love you too, Spence.

They both went down and covered themselves completely with the blanket and they Adam put his head on Spencer’s shoulder as they fell asleep.

...Next Morning...

Spencer’s phone started ringing at four thirty and when he answered it he was told that they had a case and that they were all needed at the crime scene ASAP. He tried to get out of bed quietly so that he didn’t wake Adam and he thought he succeeded until Adam turned around and faced him with sleepy eyes.