Chapter 48: Amendments...

Same Monday...

Reid came back into the office with a smile on his face after his little encounter with Adam outside and then it slightly dropped when he saw Morgan waiting for him by the elevator.

M: Can we talk?

R: If this is about Adam then I don’t want to hear about it.

M: It is sort of about Adam.

R: Then I don’t want to hear it, sorry Derek.

M: Kid, listen.

R: Fine, what is it? (He huffed)

M: I went by your place this weekend... (He was cut off)

R: What?

M: I know but I wanted to tell you something and then I saw you and Adam in your backyard enjoying yourselves and I just couldn’t break that up so I decided to wait and tell you at the office and then we saw you and Adam outside the office this morning and I realised that I really was the only one hurting you. I just want to apologize for the way I acted towards you and Adam. It’s obvious that he makes you happy and I have no right to stand in the way of happiness for my best friend. It would be really great if you could try forgiving me please.

R: I’m not the one you should be apologizing to, you know.

M: I know and if I see Adam again I will apologize for the way I treated him.

R: It’s fine, I understand why you acted the way you did but you need to understand that I can take care of myself.

M: I know you can and I’ll have more trust in that ability from now on.

R: Great and I accept your apology it’s just too bad that the other’s don’t see it that way.

M: Actually they were the first ones to come around on Friday. We were at the bar and talking and they realised that the more hate they gave Adam the more they isolated you from the team and decided that if Adam made you happy then it was worth it for them to reconsider it and they did, I got angry and stormed out and that all got me thinking.

R: Well I’m really glad then because all this strain almost cost me my job on this team.

M: What do you mean?

R: I almost quit or transferred but Hotch and Adam talked be out of it.

M: It’s good that they did because this team wouldn’t be the same without you.

R: Thank you.

M: No problem now do you think we should get back to those jobs that we were just talking about now?

R: Yes we should.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up as Reid and Morgan entered the bullpen.

JJ: Spence, there’s something that we need to tell you.

R: It’s okay, I know and I would just like to say thank you for giving Adam a chance because that is all that I’m asking for. Once you get to know him you’ll really like him. Thanks guys.

JJ: It’s the least we could do.

P: Yeah, especially with the way we acted.

R: It’s okay.

Ro: Well we appreciate you giving us all a second chance.

R: You guys are all like my family and families are meant to argue and make up, so I won’t ever hold it against you.

H: Okay, now that everything is settled I think we should all get back to the reports we’re supposed to be writing. (He said coming out of his office)