Chapter 7: Stars Dance

Dru:

I still can't believe that the crew opened the amusement park for Tristan. I also can't seem to wrap my mind around the idea that a lot of people here knows Tristan. He was like a celebrity. I mean, I know he "hangs out" with D-list celebrities like Shayla but that doesn't make him famous right? Shayla's just a D-list after all. And Tristan isn't someone special in hollywood, right?

I placed those thoughts to the back of my mind so as not to ruin the night. Right now, we were currently walking through the decks towards the big coaster.

"Why do you look like you're trying to figure out a really hard math equation?"

My head snapped up to look at Tristan. "Oh, I was just wondering why you're so famous around here so much. Come here often?" He laughed at the last thing I said, which was really a bit funny. I think that was the cheesiest thing I ever said.

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, I do."

I couldn't help but ask him a stupid question after that.

"Do you bring all your girlfriends here?" I looked away.

When he didn't answer right away, I turned back to find him watching me.

"What?"

His head tilted to the side before he finally said something.

"Are you jealous?"

Usually, one dead give away when I'm lying is when my cheeks turn bright red. Unfortunately, I can't will them not to. So when Tristan asked if I was jealous, I made the mistake of lying when I could have just omitted the truth and downplayed it a bit. Sadly, I was a bit distracted.

"Nope."

A smirk appeared on his face and I suddenly had the urge to wipe it off.

Damn it. I should have just said I didn't know him enough to develop feelings like that.

"But you're blushing."

"No! It's just the cold!" It was true. It was really cold out here and my dress is not exactly a cold weather material. But with the way my cheeks burned brighter, I doubt Tristan thought of that excuse. Nonetheless, he took off his suit jacket and draped it on me. With his jacket gone and just a loosened tie, white button up and black trousers, he looked like a dashing dark prince. He looked so much like a fallen angel that I lost my normal thoughts.

His smirk turn to a grin and then his pointer finger came up to poke me on the cheek.

Seriously? Of all the things to do, he poked me? Okay, that made him loose cool guy points but it did make him gain a lot of adorable nerd points. But the words he uttered next made all points irrelevant.

"To answer your question, you're the first girl special enough to receive an invitation from me."

To say that the sudden feeling of relief that washed over me was because of the sudden change in topic, would make my cheeks even brighter than it is right now. At least this time wouldn't be spend with me trying to figure out what he did and said to the other girls he might have brought here.

"You blush when you lie?"

"I don't" My cheeks burned.

"Yes, you do and it makes it harder for me to resist you." Even though the last one was just a whisper, I still heard it. But honestly, I shouldn't have. Somehow, with these words we exchanged, he already made me feel more special than the last time my parents splurged on a gift for me. He proved that he can really stay true to what he said. It made him easier to trust. So I said what normal girls say on a night like this.

"Let's go." And we did.