Chapter 20: Things that Go Bump in the Night

"Breaking new, last night appears to be one of the biggest pranks that this small town has experienced. Union City Cemetery was plagued with one of the most extensive and elite grave robbing me in all or history. The entire graveyard was destroyed by what looks like a large split in the earth. Multiple bodies tumbled down into this crevice while the rest were simply dug up. If anyone has any information on this please call the police." After the announcement Mr. Sanchez switches the T.V. off.

"We had you guys watch this in case anyone knew what happened." The teacher says.

I sip my coffee slowly and glance over at Strawberry. Her face gives her away, she looks like a nervous wreck. "Hang in there," I say patting her hand.

"I did that," she whispers. I can tell she is scared. Whether it is scared of getting caught or scared of herself I can not know. Mr. Sanchez drones on for the rest of the class talking about boring physics crap. Something about about velocity and acceleration, but I don't have the heart to listen.

My fingers trace the healed patched on skin on my arm, barely able to tell that there was anything wrong. I move from my right arm to my left. Spotting the Triskelion, I pull back my sleeve to expose the entirety of my Druid mark. It's originally black ink had turned to a sapphire blue. I was unsure what had caused this.

The bell rings, sending my papers flying as I nervously knock them off the table. "Someone a little jumpy?" I hear Bash's voice in my ear.

"Um, yes actually. I've had an entire pot of coffee already. I'm a little wired." I reply curtly.

"You smell nice," Bastian whispers.

"T-thank you," I stand up abruptly, knocking my head against his chin.

"Owch Luce!" He yells and holds his face.

"I'm sorry..." I trail off.

He rubs the top of my head. "I'm not riding home with you today. I've got a project to do."

"Oh, okay." We make our way out of the classroom and into the hall. I watch as once again his posse of girls come running to him. I see Camila is still part of this group.

"Hia Sebastian. You excited for our project today?" Camila asks with a hint of devilishness in her eyes.

I groan internally, "you have got to be kidding me." I mumble. While Bash is focused on his women I make a run for it. He doesn't even notice that I am gone. Thank god for the idiot girls who don't know how to get a life.

I notice Red talking with a boy who looks strikingly like her. Their eyes and hair both the same shade. I walk over to them. "Hello Strawberry. Who might you be?"

"Uh, this is my twin brother. Gabriel Grayson Asta." Red says his name with a smile on her face. I study them closely. Gabriel's hair was red, but cut short. His eyes were the same deep brown, and skin the same pale color as his sister. A sheepish smile comes to his face, and he begins to blush. Yup, they are so related.

"It's, um, nice to meet you Gray," I instantly give him a nickname. He smiles at me and mumbles a word that sounds like same. I grab Red by the arm and pull her away. "Why didn't you tell us you had a TWIN."

"I uh didn't think it was important." She says scratching her head. 

"It's important now. You guys shared a womb together, for all we know he could be experiencing the same powers you are." I give her a stern look.

"I'm sorry," Strawberry mumbles, her face turning red. 

I calm down instantly, "It's fine. We just need to keep an eye on him. Which one of you is older?"

"He is," She replies. This is not good, I think.  

The next few hours are surprisingly uneventful. When lunch time comes around I notice that Sebastian is no where to be found. I feel a seed of worry plant its self in the back of my mind. I grab my lunch silently and eat with Luke. Neither one of us say a word, but there is enough chatter at the other tables to keep the room from silence. After I finish I head to class, waving at Luke as I leave.

The classes are extremely boring and lengthy as I worry about Bash. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. The screen is lit up with a picture from Luke. The pic contains Bash and Camila. Her arms are wrapped around his neck as their lips are pressed together. My eyes fill with tears, and my breath catches in my throat. Wow, so this is what you were doing.  I blink my eyes rapidly, trying to rid them of the tears. I receive another message from Luke saying I'm sorry. 

I place the phone on the desk, and try to pay attention.