Chapter 36: Ethan

(Ethan's POV)
I stand in front of a floor length mirror. Blood covers my hands and face. I can see the full form of my now freakish body. My original 5'10" frame now stood at 7'2". Arms that used to be muscular and appropriately proportioned could be seen dangling freakishly past my knees. I reach one of my blood drenched hands up to touch my face half twisted into a smile. My mouth had been ripped at the corners to accommodate the rows and rows of teeth that could only be compared with those of a shark. The torn skin dangles bloodily and jagged. My eyes are tinged with yellow and open wide. Ugh, and my nose was no more than two slits large enough to smell any human within a ten mile radius.
Stepping back from the mirror I survey the room around me. I stand in a large master bedroom. There's a king size bed in the center of the room. Small wooden tables stand on either side. Artwork line the walls, each one painted a different shade of purple. On the floor lies white carpet, stained red. A woman's body lies on the floor at my feet. Or what's left of her anyways. I stoop down, dragging my hands across the floor. My fingers wrap around one of the woman's arms, ripping it from the socket with a sickening pop. I turn the arm over in my too large hands. Drool drops from my gaping mouth.
I glide my razor sharp teeth across the muscle. My tongue glazes over the sparkling clean bone that is left over. I chew the meat for mere seconds before  swallowing the delicious substance. Still, even as I eat, I feel as if I'm starving. In the back of my mind I knew what I was doing was wrong, but it tasted so damn good. I kneel down and begin to devour what is left of the woman. I strip each bone clean and then break them in two. Wanting the sweet marrow that lay inside.
After every part of the woman was eaten, my body shrank back to its normal size. My face adorned with two jagged scars like the ones Joker wears in Batman. I lay on the bed in the center of the room and pick flesh from my teeth. I feel disgust rise in my throat.
There's a familiar gurgle in my stomach. My body was telling me it's time. I walked to the woman's large bathroom and bent over her toilet. My body lets loose all of the flesh, expelling in into the porcelain bowl. The previously clear water now a chunky, disgusting red. I continue to heave at the sight, yet I'm still hungry.
"Damn," I whisper aloud after the vomiting stops. I feel my joints still popping from the transition back into being human. Deciding to shower, I strip off my clothes and turn on the water. A fine mist cascades over my scalding body. My arm is now decorated by a tattoo, similar to the ones Druids wear. My tattoo is a triangle with arms that extend from the points. They then bend at a 90 degree angle. The tattoo color began as yellow, but each day, each meal, had slowly changed its shade. Yellow had be one red, red became purple, and purple was now fading into a sapphire blue.

When done with my shower I had turned the water off and walked straight to bed. Since Wendigo's are not able to sleep, I just spend my nights with eyes glazed over. My gaze is pulled to the crook of the ceiling, where I watch my dreams play out in my head. I feel a stir in my lower abdomen. Lucinda, my heart calls out. I can never see her again. Not after what I had done to her family.

Hunger controlled every aspect of my life. Although I was almost always full, there was this hollowness inside of me.  A void that could never be filled. That is the curse of the Wendigo, to be plagued with sleeplessness and starvation for all eternity. This is the price I had to pay. I bolt upright in bed, anger filling my bones. I pick up the large mirror and throw it into the wall opposite of where it stood. The glass shatters all over the carpet as I let out a primal scream. 

"This isn't my fault!" I yell to no one  in particular. "This isn't my fault..." I whimper. Tears fall from my eyes. They roll down my cheeks and land on my chest with soft -plops- "I don't want to be this way anymore." "Please."