Chapter 23

Troye's POV
----
"What you thinking about?" I poked Tyler's cheek trying to get his attention. We've been sat staring at the sky for the past ten minutes and for most of that time Tyler seemed in a world of his own. He seemed slightly startled at my sudden question. He spun his head and looked at me slightly confused.

"What? Sorry, I wasn't listening."

"I was asking what you were thinking about, would you mind telling?" He weakly smiled and looked back at the sky. He leaned back to lay on the sand, I did the same as him. I couldn't find a comfortable position, my body kept moving from one position to another. Tyler laughed and got a hold of my hand.

"Will you ever stop fidgeting?"

"I will, when in comfortable." He rolled his eyes and let go of my hand when I started to move again. I was able to stop moving then.

"Are you done?" I nodded and reached out for his hand. A simple reply of 'good' left his lips.

"So you gonna tell me what you were thinking about?" He rolled his eyes again. I swear, he rolls his eyes so much that I'm surprised they haven't rolled out yet.

"I was actually thinking about what I want to do with my life."

"And? Did you come to any conclusion?"

"No. I have no clue what I want to do. I'm twenty one and the last job I had lasted for maybe a month! It's pathetic." He faked a laugh on the last sentence, the laugh was laced with fear and sadness, it sounded like it didn't belong to him.

I looked at him. This felt so strange, he's never said anything about his future, he never even mentioned his aspirations or dreams. Now all of a sudden he's worried.

"I'm sorry. That was kinda random. Let's just forget I said anything." Tyler rushed his words out, it was as if he was hoping that the sooner we stop talking about this the sooner we'll forget.

"Ty?"

"Huh?" When I looked at him in saw the look in his eyes that just said 'please listen to me'. I sighed and ignored what I was going to say before.

"Isn't the sunset beautiful?" He smiled at me and nodded.

"It sure is." I rolled over so that my chest was pressed against Tyler, I pushed myself on my elbows and I leaned my face in closer to peck Tyler's cheek.

Tyler cupped my jaw and pulled me in so our lips met. Our lips moved slowly, Tyler's hands moved to my neck, his fingers gently twirled the small hairs on my neck. He pulled away and moved his hands to my shoulder blades.

"But there is something more beautiful I can see." I felt the blush spread on my cheeks due to his overly cheesy compliment.

"Thanks, I am pretty beautiful aren't I?" He laughed and playfully pushed me away.

~

"That cloud looks like a sheep!" I pointed towards the sky, Tyler's reaction was to laugh.

"You know that a cloud and a sheep look so alike?"

"Yeah! Exactly! That's why it looks like a sheep!"

"You're such a doofus, babe." I pretended to be annoyed so I slapped his hand but not hard enough to hurt. He faked pain and squealed.

"Poor baby, are you hurt?"

"I think I need a kiss to make it better." He puckered out his lips and squeezed his eyes shut. I scoffed and reached for the hand I slapped, I placed a single kiss on it and pulled away.