Chapter 10

"Not quite yet." Dan said right before he-

Punched Eclipse in the face?

What is going on? Since when did Dan get so mad at her? A bunch of questions ran through my mind as I watched him pull his hand away. Eclipse looked absolutely stunned.

"What the fuck?!" She yelled at him.

"Sorry. But you really deserved it." He said and looked at his hand.

Her mouth practically hung open. I tried the best I could to hold in my laughter but failed. I burst out laughing and Eclipse glared coldly at me.

Holding her eye she motioned to her masked buddies and said "Take them to the Testing Room. PJ knows what to do."

The masked weirdos grabbed us and pulled us to the Testing Room. We got there and PJ was waiting ready with all of the stuff.

"Thank you." He said to the masked people. "Dan, Phil come with me."

We followed knowing what was already waiting for us. As expected, we were strapped in a chair. PJ then came back with needles and different things.

After all of the stabbing and drawing blood, we had to do a little test. PJ tested our reflexes by shooting at us with little rubber bullets, which trust me, you don't want to get hit with.

He tested our hearing by making sounds from far away and if we heard it we had to tell him. He tested lots of other stuff too but I don't want to bore you with the details.

After all of the testing was complete, Dan and I were exhausted. We sat down on the ground while PJ went and saved our things. A few minutes later, Eclipse came in the room, her cheek swelled up.

"You guys did very well and cooperated with PJ. I would like to thank you for that." She said. "Tonight you're going to stay here. I don't think you're going back to PJ's lab."

We sighed but nodded. Honestly it didn't matter where we stayed.

Eclipse called over her three of her masked buddies and whispered something to them. I listened since they were really close and Eclipse told them that the masked people were going to take us back to our room, not her.

I nudged Dan with my elbow. "Do you still have enough energy to fight? The masked people are going to bring us to our room. We could possibly get passed them and run." I whispered to him.

Dan sighed but nodded. The masked friends came over and grabbed us. They dragged us by our arms and we acted really tired and barley moved. They masked people loosened their grip a little tiny bit and that was all I needed to suddenly pull my arm away and quickly punch the person in the face.

With my free arm I dug my fingernails into the other two peoples arms. They pulled away quickly and we tried to run but they grabbed us. Dan quickly punched the masked pal as soon as he grabbed me. The other two came rushing at me and Dan slid his leg under their feet and they both fell.

These people were easier then I thought. But of course, as soon as I said that, one of them landed a lucky blow to my face. My mouth started bleeding and I immediately got really mad. I grabbed the masked person by the shoulders and collided his head with my knee.

One of the masked people were knocked out. One was retreating and the other was failing at tried to catch Dan and I as we ran to the doors.

We burst through the doors and really started running. We were pretty fast but not as fast as we normally would be if we weren't so tired. We finally made it far enough away from Eclipse's Lab and slowed down.

Dan and I were both out of breath and were really, really tired.

"We should find somewhere to sleep." I told Dan.

We walked for a little bit and stopped for some food. We ate at a small picnic table. It was weird having a picnic at like 2am.

When we were done eating we looked for somewhere to stay, somewhere Eclipse won't find us.

"Hey Phil, do you remember how I was going to leave back to my house when we first met?" Dan asked me randomly.

"Yeah."

"Well, it just so happens that I bought another ticket that is for tomorrow. I bought it incase I didn't want to leave the one day."

I started thinking. If he has a plane ticket I could be his pet. They allow pets on a plane right? Maybe. If they don't, then I'll just sneak in.

"Well then we're leaving tomorrow." I told him.

"But there is one problem." He said which made me panic. "I left my ticket in my suitcase in that hotel I was staying at."

Well goddamn. We could have just left the United States and went back to where we were used to. But of course, good luck never comes to a black cat.

"Sorry." He said.

I gave him an apologetic look. "It's not your fault. Who would have thought to grab it in the first place?"

He shrugged his shoulders. We continued walking in silence and then I saw a spot up ahead to sleep.

"Hey Dan, look." He looked where I was pointing. "We can sleep in that tree."

"Wouldn't that seem obvious? I mean she's like a crazy dog and we're scared cats. Cats usually run and hide up tree from dogs."

He did have a point but we did anyways. Dan had a little more trouble getting up the tree then I did. All I had to do was transform into a cat and then climb. Dan couldn't easily get through the little spaces without snapping branches.

I got all comfortable up on a branch while Dan continued snapping branches. We had to get up high so then it will be harder for Eclipse to reach us. I was watching Dan get mad at branches that were stabbing him.

Then-

*How's it going everyone? Alright well I'm not sure if you guys still even like this. I like writing it though and I think it's going alright. What do you think? Stay strange, never be normal.*
~Meowgravy