Chapter 15

"Phil, I want to tell you that-"

I stopped. Phil opened his eyes and looked at me.

"You wanted to tell me what?" He questioned.

I thought while he stared at me. I was nervous and wasn't sure if I should tell him or not.

"Phil, I uh, just wanted to tell you that, um. Well, you see, I like you." I said honestly.

He smiled and it made me hopeful.

"Aw, I like you to." He said.

He didn't say it though like he actually liked me. He said like he thought I meant as like a friend and that I've adjusted to him or something.

He smiled and then closed his eyes  again. I decided that maybe I shouldn't tell him. So I got some sleep too.

~Phil's POV~

I woke up and had a sore back. Dan was already up and was standing outside of the vehicle. I sat up and stretched then fixed my seat so I could sit up normally.

I got out of the car and Dan heard me. He turned around and smiled at me.

"Good morning. Did you sleep good?" He asked.

"Actually no. My back hurts." I complained.

"Mine too."

Dan sniffed the air. And I smelled too. I smelled fried food. Oh yeah, we're in America. That's all you can smell.

(I live in America so don't think that I hate America or Americans or are being negative towards them. I just made a joke because Americans eat a lot of fried/fast food.)

That's when I realised that I was really hungry. I informed Dan and he told me to get in the car. I did and he started driving down the road. We then pulled into a McDonalds parking lot.

"How are we supposed to buy food?" I asked.

Dan pointed at a couple sitting at a table inside. I looked at them through the windows.

"We wait until someone pulls in, goes inside, then we steal their money." Dan explained.

I'm not sure when or how Dan does it, but he always comes up with these new plans and thoughts. It seems great but then again Dan's plans have failed us before.

We sat in the vehicle for about 2 minutes and then someone pulled in. They had one of those newer vans.

Dan and I watched as they pulled up in front of us. They got out and then went right in the building. Dan and I got out of our beat-up vehicle. We walked over the their can and Dan then smashed the window with his elbow. I was impressed but we had to move because the alarm was going off and people were looking.

"Dan, let's move!" I yelled over the alarms.

Dan looked inside the glovebox and then he found some money. We ran back to our car and then drove off. We went down the road to Taco Bell and,surprisingly, there were no cops chasing us.

Dan and I got out, ordered food, ate it, and then headed south towards the boarder.

"And then we went to this really cool zoo and there were a bunch of lions there. Lions are my favourite animal." I was telling Dan a random story about this time I was hanging out with a few of my friends. 

"That sounds like fun." Dan commented.

"It was. Then after that we went to my house and watched a movie. Of course Felix and Marzia were cuddling. I felt awkward though so I just ate a lot of popcorn." I said.

"You like watching movies?" Dan asked.

I said yes and then we were silent for a minute. Dan was looking at the road but you could tell by how his eyes looked that he was thinking and not really focusing on the road.

"Do you like anime?" He asked suddenly.

"What's that?" I asked.

"OH MY GOD. Are you serious?! You don't know what anime is?!?" He asked frantically.

"No, I don't. Dan, you have to remember that I grew up in a lab and every once in a while I got to have friends from other labs over. We only got to watch movies the Eclipse chose."

Dan sighed loudly. "You really are missing some fucking amazing things."

"I know." I replied.

All was going well in the vehicle. Dan and I were talking, traffic was pretty good, it was nice being away from Eclipse.

A few hours later it was getting dark. Dan and I were near the boarder. And we parked in an empty parking lot. He locked the doors. And I put my seat back and got comfortable for bed.

Dan was biting his lip and being awkward so I decided that I should say something.

"Is everything okay?" Dan shrugged his shoulders.

"I suppose so." He said but then bit his lip again.

"Okay. Well actually," I said and put my seat back up "I'm going to lay down in the back seat there.

"Care if I join you?" Dan asked.

His question caught me a little off guard.

"Um... Sure?" I said unsure as to what to say.

He put his seat up and climbed in the back with me. I laid down a little bit and leaned against the door. Dan sat next to me and did the same.

I wrapped my arm around him because there was no other place to put my arm. He blushed dark red and I laughed.

"Why are blushing? Huh?" I teased.

He just sat and blushed more. Then he leaned his head on my shoulder and I leaned my head on his head. I was actually comfortable. I closed my eyes and just as I did so, Dan said something.

"Phil, I just wanted to say-"

*Jfc. I haven't updated in so long. Sorry. I started high school so I've been busy. I have marching band, drama, and robotics to do also. I'm a busy person I guess. Plus I just couldn't  think of what to write. By the way, I was think that this might end pretty soon. Maybe only a few more chapters. But, depending on the ending and how many views and votes/comments I get, I may make a sequel. Maybe. I have to go. Adiós.*
~Meowgravy