Chapter 13

Then Dan-

Put the gun up to my head. I was terrified. This wasn't the Dan that I've been running with for the past week or so.

"Dan?" I said softly. "what are you doing?"

"Shut up." He snapped. "No talking."

I stayed silent. What if I stole the gun out of his hands? But then again, what the hell was he doing? Why was he pointing the gun at me? I just watched him carefully.

Dan started to slow the car down and then we pulled over. The handgun he was holding was still pointed at my head.

"Get out. And when you do, don't say a word. Got it?" He said and I nodded.

I opened to the door and stepped out. Dan was still pointing the gun at me and when I turned around my heart speed up. All the police were pointing their guns at Dan and I.

"Freeze! Drop the weapon!" One police officer yelled.

Dan ignored them and walked over to me. He made it visible that he clicked the safety off. I swallowed and stared at him. He came over to me and grabbed me. He then put the barrel of the gun against my temple.

"Back off! If any of you fuckers follow me, I swear to god, I'll blow his brains out. Got it? Good. Don't follow us!" Dan yelled so they all could hear.

Was this all just a trick? Or is he being serious? What if the police follow us, will he really shoot me? I hope not.

He walked back to the car and shoved me in the front seat then slammed the door. He got in the other side and turned the safety back on. He kept the gun pointed at me though and drove off.

Surprisingly, they didn't even come after us. When we got to a new road we turned and then Dan put the gun down.

"Was that all just a joke?" I asked.

"Of course it was! You really thought I was going to shoot you?" He sounded a little hurt.

"Well, uh, I kind of thought you were." I replied honestly.

Dan laughed, but not like earlier, it was one of his more normal laughs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well let's just stop here for a few nights until we get passports or figure out a plan. Okay?" I said to Dan.

He nodded and parked the shot car we had stolen from some strange person. He didn't get out though. He just sat there.

"Are you going to get out?" I asked.

"Yeah. Im just..." He trailed off.

"You're just what?"

"I'm trying to figure out what we do next. I mean, is it even worth it to go to Mexico? I just think it would be easier to go to England because I already have a passport." He said.

"You had a passport. You keep forgetting that we don't have anything." I said.

After that Dan finally got out of the car and so did I. We walked into the hotel we were going to stay at for a bit. But, of course, we weren't just going to walk on in there and buy a room. Nope. We're going to have to sneak out way in since we don't have money.