Floating in Midair

"Ah!!!!!", Maggi shrieked when she noticed that her feet weren't on the ground anymore. 

"Come on Maggi! If you're smart, you wouldn't scream that loud. People might think you're crazy.", I said, but I'm also aware that she's not lying. She's floating two inches above ground. She thinks I did it to her, as if I could do that? I'm not a magician. Anyway, Maggi is my enemy since second grade. I am now in fourth grade. Actually, it is surprising that I survived a year and a half from all her complains that I'm a witch or whatever. She hated me ever since the day I ACCIDENTALLY threw my pudding on her face. She thinks I was meant to do that because even myself couldn't figure out how that pudding smacked directly to her face while I'm ten feet across the cafeteria. That was a year ago, I moved on but she just won't. 

Back to the present. Our teacher barged into the room with a worried look, "What happened?".

"She's a witch! She raised me high up the ground!", Maggi complained pointing to her feet looking surprised that she's standing on solid ground.

"Hey!", I shouted at her.

"Ok, ok. Calm down the two of you. Can someone explain what truly happened?", Ms. Andrews asked.

"I'll do it!", Maggi volunteered. I didn't mind her explaining as long as she tells her the truth.

"I was just telling her that I'm sorry for what happened the last time, but I guess she couldn't accept it so she bad mouthed me and cursed. I felt a sudden difference and when I looked at my feet, I was floating in midair!", she explained. 

"First of all, I don't curse and I don't use bad words. Second, it's not my fault you are above ground. Third, it wasn't that high, it was just 2 inches. And lastly, that isn't what happened.", I complained. 

"Then can you tell me, Miss Vaughn, what really happened?", Ms. Andrews suggested. 

I explained the whole scene and ,surprisingly, Ms. Andrews thought Maggi has a pretty wide imagination.