Mythology class

The day ended quickly. I remembered the goddess of the mist, Hecate. I wasn't able to attend mythology class because of that classroom problem this morning. 

I'm trying hard not to figure out more about my life because, just like what Duke said, once I figured out about that, monsters could sense me more than before. 

The next day started with mythology class. We have a new teacher. I heard it from someone behind me. They said that our first teacher quit teaching so the school got us a new one. I looked at the back and saw Duke, acting normal, but I could feel like he knows something about our new teacher. 

Then class started, "Good morning class! I'm Ms. Lovely, your new mythology teacher."

I looked at Duke, his eyes are widened, he bowed his head. Ms. Lovely couldn't be a monster. She looked normal, but not so normal. Something's different about her. Whatever, maybe my imagination is just too wide to think about that right now. 

I listened to Ms. Lovely attentively, but I somehow caught her attention since she entered the room. Her eyes are mostly focused on me. She keeps on glancing to my direction. Maybe she knows something about me. 

The period ended. I walked to Duke's direction, "You know her?"

He didn't answer quickly, "Yeah". 

Ms. Lovely came towards the two of us, "Hello Duke!".

I looked at Duke and he bowed his head and said, "Good morning...miss". I just smiled at Ms. Lovely.

"And hello Irene. It's nice to see you again", she said. My smile faded and my expression turned to confusion.

"You've met me before? Um... sorry, maybe my memory is just a bit rusty.", I said. 

"That's fine. Duke?", she said.

"Yes miss?", Duke said with full respect.

"Take care of Mystery", she said looking at me then back at Duke, "She is more than she think of herself."

Then she walked away, leaving me and Duke. "Is she related to you?", I asked.

"You could say that", Duke answered. We walked together to our next class.