Getting attacked

We won!!!!!!!!!!! We're going to Greece!

Wait what? I'm going to Greece?

"To the winners, we will have a meeting this afternoon", the moderator said.

After all of the activities that afternoon, we proceeded to the library for the meeting about our trip.

"Your trip will be two days from now. That's the only time you can prepare. It's your choice if you will attend our one week seminar. You are only recommended to attend, you are not required.", the moderator, Ms. Preston, explained.  

"Here is the list of what you should bring. Your trip will be 5 days in Greece.This is a big privilege but you have a task to do as you arrive in that country. Once you are back, you are going to share to the school what you learned from the country's culture and of course the place's history. This will be a great help for the students to have an interest in discoveries and adventures. The competition is held to make sure the ones to be sent to Greece can communicate with its people.", she said. 

Then I asked, "If we're going to Greece, then what's with the French language in the competition?".

"That's because, if you're lucky, some of you will also be going to France.", she answered.

"If we're lucky?", Adri asked. 

"On your last day in Greece, we will know if you're capable of taking another trip. We will also test you again to see your knowledge in communicating with the French citizens.", she said, "But not all of you are going to France, only the chosen three". 

"Okay", the twins said. 

We all went home after the short meeting. I arrived at home before five in the afternoon. I went inside and told them about the trip. They permitted me but I should make sure that I will be back in one piece.  

"Yes mom.", I said. 

I went up to my room to prepare the stuff I should bring to Greece. I'm so excited that I want to fix my stuff even though the trip is still be a few days away. Two days are enough to make me feel the rush to see the place. I decided to bring only a small bag. I don't want to carry a luggage to a five-day trip. I only brought a pair of pants and three pairs of shirts. I also brought the ones in the list like a notebook and a pen. As I was putting them inside my bag, something caught my eye. An old-style key is lying on the floor at the corner of my room. I grabbed it and observed its details. I never saw one of these, so I don't think it belongs to mom and dad. Then I recalled a dream when I was little. I think I was only seven when I had this dream. 

I was looking at an old-looking wooden door with a key hole in the middle. Greek letters are carved above the key hole. It says, "To be opened by the powerful one". 

The key I am holding right now fits the hole to open the door, but I don't know where the door is and I don't know what's behind it. What if it's a trap or a trick? I kept the key inside my personal drawer since no one opens it but me. I don't think I could tell Duke about the dream, especially the key. I'll keep it to myself... for now.

------After two days------

It's nine in the morning. I'm eating a sandwich in our dining room. At eleven, I'll be traveling to Greece with my friends. I finished my food, brushed my teeth and went to my room to grab my bag. I was about to head out the door when I remembered about the key.  I decided to bring it. I said goodbye to my mom and dad and rode a cab to the airport. 

I arrived at the airport and met the twins at the nearest fast food chain. They both carry a luggage each. We waited for the others and finally they arrived just in time for us to get to the departure area.