The Dream

Years passed and I'm now in sixth grade. I haven't seen the creepy guy within those years. 

Good news! I'm in section B!!! I know what you're thinking. I'm not in the star section and all but for someone with ADHD and dyslexia, this is a surprising news.

Another good thing is that Maggi is in a lower section, class D!

I went home from school and told my parents about the news. I forgot to tell you that my parents aren't really the real ones. I'm just a foster child. They adopted me when I was two years old, and that's why the number two is very significant to me. It became my favorite number.

Mom and Dad said they are proud of me and of course I believe that. They were kind enough to adopt me even though they know that I am dyslexic and an ADHD kid. 

I never met my real parents but the child protection agency told us that my dad is the one who turned me over. They also said that he wanted me to be named Irene Daphne, but I have no idea why. He also mentioned that my mom left us, but that doesn't mean she's dead right?

Although my foster parents are kind and caring, I still want to know who my real parents are. 

I went up to my room. I grabbed my laptop and, out of curiosity, I typed my name into google to know what it means.

It turns out that my names, Irene and Daphne, are Greek. In Greek the meaning of the name Irene is Peace. Daphne means Bey tree or Laurel tree. It's kind of weird to be named after a tree 'cause I'm not even very fond of planting and nature. The word 'peace' is somewhat ironic for someone who causes trouble, a lot of trouble. For the past years, I've encountered many enemies on my path. They all hated me. Maybe because they are all friends of Maggi. As far as I knew Maggi, she's gonna do everything to ruin me in people's impressions. 

We ate dinner after a few minutes. Then I prepared for bed. Looking at my ceiling, something slipped to my mind. The guy in fourth grade. I want to see him again, I somehow feel like he knows something from my past. Maybe he knows my real mother. Then I fell asleep with a weird dream. 

I am facing a lady who looks like me. Her hair is black just like mine but my eyes are blue and hers are green. It's like I'm in front of a mirror, facing myself with different colored eyes. Then I said, "Mom?". Her voice sounds familiar, "My dear child, you will be with me soon. Be patient. I know trouble is your problem but contain peace in you for I promised your father that no matter how strong you might turn out to be, you will be safe. Learn how to control your abilities for you are powerful. Don't be afraid of changes, for it will happen to your life..... soon"

The the dream ended. I woke up and said, "Mother, I'll see you soon".