Reputation?

Trigger Warning: There are mentions of alcohol, bullying and smoking. All deh regular angst shit

Camila POV

I walked into the café, looking for Shawn.  He was the typical bad boy who is always trying to be cool. I saw him surrounded by a few girls. He had a leather jacket and dark jeans on. He did his signature hair flip and then walked toward me. "Hey there, Camz." He smirked.

I quickly responded," Don't calls me that, Shawn." He smiled. "Yeah, yeah, Camz." He said while lazily throwing his arms so it was wrapped around my shoulder.

He continued," Let's just get this stupid tutoring over with. You better help me well enough, or else I won't be able to go to the Championship game next Friday."

I forgot. Literally the only reason Shawn was allowing me to tutor him was so he can stay on the football team. "Whatever, Shawn. Let's get started."

During he time I was tutoring him, he kept on flirting with me. "Stop! Stop Shawn. Your not even trying to learn. All your doing is trying to hook up with me, and that's not ok."

His eyes showed rage, before they changed to a guilt face. "Listen, Camila. I'm sorry"He said softly." Look over there." He pointed to a few college scouts talking to a coach and drinking coffee." You see that, Camz. That's my future. A-and if I don't get a scholarship to college, my dads gonna have to quit his night school  just to help me raise some money. Please, Camila."

I looked at him before lowering my head. "Shawn, the only person getting in you way of your future is you. The second you walk out of high school your reputation won't matter anymore. The only way your going to succeed in life is by trying. What's gonna save you once you have to face the real world- your academics, or your reputation?"

I looked at him and he looked at me. He sighed, and leaned back into his chair." I can't be doing this Camila. I've got better things to do than sit with a nerd trying to tell me what to do with my life. I'm outta here." He packed his stuff up and began to walk out.

I glared at him," Shawn!" He turned around, looking at me.

"Shawn. Stop running away. You can't run away from your self."

He looked at me with no emotion, but then pulled out a pack of cigarettes. He gestured to the pack and said," Well I sure as hell can try." With that he left.
---------------------------------------------
The next day at school

I walked into the classroom, because it was a study hall. I looked around and saw the girls. I sat down next to Lauren. "How'd the tutoring go?"Dinah asked. "Not well. He walked out on me." I replied. They all looked at me and then Normani said," Don't worry Mila, I'm sure it'll get better."

I saw Shawn walk in with all his math homework. He sat down and began to work. Three minutes later, Shawn began to get frustrated. He decided he wanted to go smoke. With a pack of cigarettes hidden in his hand, he began to walk out. "S'cuse me ladies. I've got a bad boy to help." They gave me an odd look before I walked to Shawn right as he stood up. "Multiply by five and then divide by the coefficient to isolate the variable."I said when I looked at his worksheet.

His head snapped up and he glared at me. "Just try it, Shawn." He looked at me one last time before he did what I said. His eyes lit up when he looked at the answer sheet and realized he had gotten it right. He murmured,"thanks."

I looked at him and tried to walk away." Wait, Camila. Look, I-I'm..."
I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. He sighed,"I'm sorry. You know, for uh walking out on you yesterday. It wasn't my day."