HENRY-Asking Doom

Dedicated to SkrillQueen

I wake up earlier than normal and pull myself out of bed. I feel a little bit achy because I slept on my stomach so that I didn't have to lay on my injured wings. I yawn and ruffle my hair. I hope I woke up in time to eat breakfast with Doom. My conscious tells me that to ask Doom for help is a terrible idea. As I always I completely ignore some emotions and decide to follow my own logic. I've gotten used to wearing a suit so I grab one from my closet and decide to add a silver tie. I quickly change into it. I pull dress shoes onto my feet and stumble out of my room. Bartholomew must have some killer instincts because as soon as I set foot outside of my room he turns the corner and greets me. "Good Morning Master Henry. May I be so blunt as to inquire as to where you are going?" he asks. "I would like to have Breakfast with Lord Doom." I answer. He ponders my request for a few seconds then nods and beckons for me to come with him. "Very well. I am sure the master will be open to receiving your presence." I hope so... I follow Bartholomew to where Doom is eating. Doom is sitting at a table. I take the seat across from him. He looks at me in curiosity. He looks me over as if he is a scientist examining an experiment. His unsettling gaze causes me to feel a little anxious. "Good Morning." Doom says from across the table. For a moment, I find myself speechless. Did Doctor Doom just tell me good morning? I am so surprised by greeting that I almost forget to respond. "Good Morning to you too. Sir." A servant sets a platter of food down in front of me and places a glass of juice down on the table. I'm going to ask him... "Sir, When I first came you offered to "cure" me of my powers...I don't believe I want to get rid of my wings or my ability to change size. Instead I was wondering if you would be willing to help me rid myself of my weaknesses and flaws. I would like to become invulnerable to pain." I request. Doom takes a bite of his food and appears deep in thought. I can understand him. I have to do the same thing in order to analyze something to the fullest extent. "You are asking me to alter your physical abilities. I have not experimented on specimen such as you before. You understand that what you are asking me to do carries some risks alongst with it." he replies. Normally, being called a specimen would completely freak me out, but he is a brilliant scientists so I can understand his conclusion. "Sir. Everyday that I live I take risks. What is one more risk to me?" I say. He smiles and takes a long sip from his drink. "Agreed. Calculated risks are a integral part of life. We will discuss this matter more after your gala tonight. I would hate to distract you from the festivities." he responds cooly and calmly. "Thank You." I say. I continue to eat my breakfast. He is right! The gala is tonight... I will get to meet new people not as the "nerd", but instead as the prince of Latveria...

Any comments? If you liked it I would appreciate it if you clicked the little star (: Thx