Chapter 8: Being Here For Me

"Hey Ash..." Maya said as she was approaching Ashley's hospital bed.

"Hey.." Ashley said, her voice raspy and weak.

"How did it go?" Maya asked, sitting on the chair beside her girlfriend's bed.

"It was ok I guess. It made me a little exhausted." Ashley replied.

"Well that's normal according to the doctors. Ash look at me," Maya started. Ashley looked in her blue mesmerizing eyes.

"You will get through this. I promise." Maya said and kissed the girl's hand.

Even though Maya's love for Ashley wasn't the same as it was in the first few weeks of their relationship, Maya still cared about her and wanted her to be ok.

"Do you need me to bring you something? Something to eat maybe or some-"

"Maya," Ashley cut her off. "I don't need anything. You being here for me is enough."

A sudden wave of guilt washed over Maya as she remembered about Riley. She just wished Ashley will get better soon.

After Maya's little visit at the hospital she went straight to Riley's house. She walked up the fire escape, her usual entrance to Riley's house, and noticed Riley sitting on her bed, playing games on her phone. Maya went inside the tattooed girl's room and laid on her bed.

"Is everything ok?" Riley asked before putting her phone down.

"Yeah I just... Needed to get away from everything."

"Did something happen?" Riley asked.

Maya first nodded no, then yes, and she couldn't control herself anymore. She broke down. Tears were streaming down her face as Riley held her tightly.

"Shh it's ok. Everything is gonna be ok." Riley whispered trying to calm the crying girl.

"Thank you." Maya softly whispered.

"For what?" Riley asked.

"For being here for me. I really can't thank you enough."

"Shh don't worry about that now. Come on, let's go to sleep." Riley said and pulled the covers on them both.

"Goodnight." They said simultaneously and chuckled. After that they fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------

The next morning the two girls woke up hugging each other. They stayed like that for a little while until they remembered they have school.

"You won't have time to go home so you can borrow my clothes." Riley said.

"Ok thanks." Maya said and went to Riley's closet. Not long after Maya walked out with a black t shirt and white ripped skinny jeans. Riley smiled and walked towards Maya.

"You look so hot right now." Riley said and leaned in to kiss Maya. They kissed for about a minute and started heading to Riley's pick up truck. It was a black pick up truck without windows or a roof, but that's how Riley liked it.

"This is your car?" Maya asked, a little surprised.

"Yeah this is my car. Why?"

"Nothing, I just thoug-" Riley cut Maya off by slamming her on the car door kissing her hungrily. Riley pulled away and smirked.

"Wow." Maya whispered.

"Sorry you are just way too hot right now." Riley smiled.

"Don't be sorry." Maya said and kissed Riley.

"I think we need to go now."

"No we don't." Maya said and tried to kiss Riley again, but Riley stopped her.

"Shut up and get in the truck or no more kissing." Riley smirked.

"Yes Sir." Maya smirked back and got inside the truck.

The ride to the school didn't take long with Riley and Maya blasting Black Veil Brides, Twenty Øne Piløts and Panic! At The Disco through the speakers.

Riley parked the car in the school parking lot and they went inside.

"I guess you.. Need to go be with Ashley now." Riley said a little disappointed.

"She couldn't come to school today she.. Had to go to the hospital."

"Is it about the thing..?" Riley asked a little hesitant.

"Yeah..." Maya said looking at the floor.

"If you need anyone to talk to I'm always here. You know that right?" Riley said lifting Maya's chin up to look at her.

"Yeah I know. Thank you." Maya said with a faint smile.

"No problem." Riley smiled at her.

"We should probably get to class now." Maya said and started walking to class.

"Yeah." Riley said and they both headed to class.

Word count: 700

Song for this chapter: Oh Wonder - Body Gold (Louis The Child Remix)

A/N: Hey! Decided to give you guys another chapter cause I was bored. So what's Ashley's secret? Can you guess it yet? No? Well that's too bad because I know and you DON'T! Muhahahaha I'm so evil. I'm... Just gonna go now...
Vote, comment, follow and whatever.

Peace! ✌️

~KarmyArmy