Chapter 12: Surprise

"Maya!" Katie, Maya's mother called out to her daughter who has been locked in her room all weekend.

"What?!" Maya called back.

"Come down here! I want to talk to you face to face, not face to wall."

Maya groaned and got out of bed.

"I'm here. What?"

"What happened? Talk to me." Her mom said, patting her daughter's shoulder lightly.

"Nothing happened. I'm fine." Maya lied.

"You know what fine stands for."

"Freaked-out, insecure, neurotic and emotional." They said simultaneously.

"I know mom." Maya said.

"Is this about your friend Ashley?" Katie said.

She didn't know about Maya being gay and she definitely didn't know she has a girlfr- had a girlfriend.

"Yeah we... We're not friends anymore." Maya said looking down.

"You want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Ok. Well I know just the thing that will cheer you up! You remember my friend Martha?" Katie said excitedly.

Maya nodded for her to continue.

"Well she has a son your age, an-"

"Mom you did not set me up on a blind date!" Maya exclaimed.

"I think if you just get to know him you will like him. He has a nice family-"

Maya cut her off again.

"By nice you mean rich?"

"Maya!" Katie glared at her daughter. "He is coming to dinner tonight, be nice." Her mom said and walked out of the room.

Maya stormed into her room slamming the door behind her. She groaned loudly into her pillow.

--------------------------------------------

It was time for dinner and Maya was very angry at her mom for making her do this. She went downstairs to help her mom set up the table.

"Do I really have to do this?" Maya asked.

"He is a nice boy. And who knows.. Maybe you'll like him and up marrying him."

Yeah right.

Maya loves her mom very much, but she hates this side of her. This arrogant, gold digging, envious side of her. The side that makes her so... Ugly sometimes. Not on the outside but on the inside.

--------------------------------------------

Maya, Katie and the boy Maya learned is named Tom all sat around the table and ate.

"So, where do you go to school?" Tom asked Maya.

"John Quincy Adams." Maya replied.

"Oh really? I go there too. Funny, I haven't seen you." He said surprised.

"Yeah, funny..." Maya mumbled.

Everyone finished eating and it was time for Tom to 'sadly' go.

"Maya, why won't you walk him to the door?" Katie said ever so kindly.

"Sure." Maya said quietly with a fake smile.

They walked to the front door and Maya opened it for Tom to leave.

"Would you like to go out with me?" Tom suddenly blurted out.

"Uhh I- uhh-"

"She would love to." Katie intervened.

"Mom!" Maya said.

"We will see you tomorrow night for Maya's date. Goodnight Tom."
Katie said and closed the door at Tom who was slightly confused by everything that just happened.

"Mom what the hell?!!" Maya shouted at her mom.

"Maya you are going on the date with Tom and that's it!" Her mom said.

"You can't make me go out with him!" Maya yelled.

"Yes I can and I am!"

Maya groaned at her mother and stormed to her room.

--------------------------------------------

"Hi Tom." Maya mumbled quietly.

"Hey. Is... Everything ok?" Tom asked.

"I really don't want to date you."

Nice one Maya.

"I mean, my mom is making me go out with you just because... Your family is rich. And she doesn't know that I'm gay." Maya admitted.

"Uhh.. Wow." Tom was at a lost of words from this sudden confession.

"I'm sorry for all of this. I hope you're not homophobic or something..."

"No, no. I'm actually bi... And I have a boyfriend.. And my dad doesn't approve so.... Here I am." He said smiling awkwardly.

"Umm.. Ok. Let's fake date." Maya said.

"You mean being each other's beards?" Tom asked.

"Yeah! That way your mom will be happy and I could still be with my boyfriend." He said.

"But what if your boyfriend doesn't approve?" Maya asked.

"Don't worry, he has a beard too." Tom said.

"Ok then. Let's fake date."

"Great!" So I'll see you at school, fake girlfriend." He said and smiled.

Maya nodded and made her way to her house.

She walked in her room, closing the door behind her.

"Hey Maya."

Word count: 724

Song for this chapter: PVRIS - You And I

A/N: Who is the mysterious person is Maya's room? Guess you'll have to wait to find out :)
Vote, comment, follow and whatever.

Peace!

~KarmyArmy