Working Together

Jim and Mayim continued to avoid each other the next days but it was inevitable for them not to realize how invested they are in making their case study functional. They both didn't want to put it into waste and it lead them to an idea of considering to apologize to each other but they didn't have much courage to initiate.

Being the man in the situation, Jim entered Mayim's office with an angelic face on. She felt a bit bothered as she wasn't expecting him to come and she didn't get herself ready for another argument — if he actually came in to debate again.

"Uhm..." He uttered to take her attention. "... Are you busy?" He asked first. "I have an appointment in twenty minutes. Why?" She asked.

"Oh... Okay... Uhm. I came here to..." He sounded so tame. "Apologize. Apologize for everything I said, for being rude. I'm sorry... Really." He continued making her a bit surprised. She thought he came to argue but she thought wrong.

She was silenced for a moment trying to figure out what to reply. "Well." She uttered. "I'm sorry too if I always ridicule your profession and for my behavior." She apologized back, he made a quick nod following an awkward silence.

"So..." He uttered to break the silence. "... Can I ask you to come back and work with me again on this project that we started?" He asked. She looked at him as she thought there was no reason to reject him. "Together?" He added and extended his hand for a handshake.

She began to grow a smile on her lips upon looking at him. She saw his sincere desire of to work on the project through his eyes.

"Together." She uttered and shook his hands.

Just like before, they went back to their old schedules, Tuesdays and Saturdays at each other's places to execute their hands on planning and studying on each other's side.

Their first day to work again has been a bit awkward. They were both careful in talking and throwing suggestions towards each other.

It was nothing much but a review of what they have come up before they terminated their contribution. They refreshened their minds with their objectives and plans.

"About the experiment three..." He brought up as he was fixing his things, ready to leave.

"... I'll try to execute your proposal experiment case 2 this coming Sunday." He updated her. She was surprised as she thought he didn't liked the experimental idea that she was insisting before. "I thought you didn't like the idea of..."

"Well, we should work professionally and since it's for the benefit of our project, I'll do it." He explained. She felt a bit bad as she knew how he didn't like the idea and now, he's actually doing it for the project. "Anyway, I should get going." He stated walked towards the door.

"Wait." She stopped him. He turned around and looked at her — waiting for her to speak.

"Don't uh..." She uttered. "Don't do the experiment three case 2 yet." She requested, he felt a bit confused. "Why?" He asked.

She took a deep breathe before speaking. "I'm actually considering your counter proposal. I think it's more efficient and productive." She made up her mind making him a bit startled.

"Really?" He asked. "Yeah. As you said, it's for the benefit of our project and if we have to do it together, then I don't think it should be a big deal to us. We're doctors." She replied. He was surprised to hear her actually recognize his profession as a real doctor but he felt uncomfortable for her part.