It's Your Birthday?

Mayim and Jim went to their offices. Mayim went straight to her office and acted as if nothing happened last time as she didn't want to let everyone know that she was almost ràped by Ryan. After several hours, Jim went to her office.

"Hey." He greeted and stood opposite her table. "Ryan resigned from the hospital." He informed her. "Really?" She responded in surprise and stood closer to him. "Yeah. He probably resigned immediately because he knows that we'll report him and get him fired and being fired would stain his resumé." He explained, she remained silent.

"But it's better this way. At least you don't have to go to work and be afraid that he might come after you again." He added. She paused for a moment before looking at him.

"Thank you, Jim." She uttered, he replied with a smile. "I didn't know what could have happened to me if you didn't come to save me." She continued. "It's not a big deal." She hugged him tight in gratitude, making him a but amused. He slowly rubbed her back and hugged her in return.

Vanessa suddenly entered her office and was surprised to see them hugging each other intimately. "Oh. I'm sorry to interrupt." She apologized.

The two broke from the hug. "No. It's fine." Jim retorted. "You sure? You seem to be..."

"It's fine, Ms. H." Mayim replied.

"Okay... So uhm, Mayim... Mr. Travis wanted you to have this." Vanessa handed her an information letter.

Mayim felt clueless of what was it about. She opened it in front of them and allowed them to know what was its content.

"They are transferring my office to annex C." She stated. "Annex C? That's too far from here." Jim responded.

She immediately visited Mr. Travis to waive the moving of her office but she wasn't allowed to reject as she didn't have much valuable reason to decline it. She had no choice but to move out to annex C which is quite far from the offices of her close doctors.

Her transfer was effective immediately. She moved to the annex C the next day. Her squad doctors started to miss her at the doctor's lounge at annex A during break time, including Jim.

Mayim was about to go home when Jim suddenly entered her office. "Jim. What are you doing here?" Her eyes brightened up upon seeing him again since she transferred.

"Uhm... Nothing. I... Just wanted to see you." He retorted making her feel touched. "Really? You came here to see me? No reason at all?" She chuckled. "Well. It's been a week since you transferred here. We miss you there. I miss bullying someone around." He laughed.

"Oh? You're bullying me? Or is it the other way around?" She laughed. "You know it." He replied.

"Would you mind walking with me to the basement parking?" He invited her. "And what are you gonna do at the basement parking of annex C? Your car must be parked at annex A." She asked. "Okay. Fine. Would you mind if I walk you to your car at the basement parking?" He rephrased making her smile. "I don't think it would hurt." She replied and walked with him.

Few weeks later, Mayim and Jim were able to individually execute and gather the necessary data for their Experiment 3 Case 1.

Mayim decided to visit Jim's office to hand him over the data she gathered from doing the experiment.

"Oh. I'm sorry for interrupting." She apologized as she saw an old woman at Jim's office unexpectedly. "These are the data for experiment 3 case 1." She informed him.

The old woman was staring at her looking so fascinated. "Are you Mayim?" She asked. "Oh... Yeah. Hello." She shook her hands.

"Uhm... Mom, this is Mayim. Mayim... This is my mother." He introduced them to one another. Mayim felt amused to meet his mother personally.

"Oh! Hello Mrs. Parsons. It's wonderful to meet you!" She cheered. "You too, Mayim. You look very beautiful." She replied making her blush.

"Thank you!" She giggled. "It's something that I don't usually hear from your son." She chuckled. "Really? He always mentions how beautiful you are when he's talking about you." Mrs. Parsons brought up making Jim to panic a bit for spilling it out in front of her.

"Really?" Mayim uttered and looked at Jim. "I didn't know about that." She continued. "Yeah. It's true. That's why I wasn't surprised that you are really a beautiful lady." Mrs. Parsons added.

"Okay. That's enough. You should go now, mom." Jim cuts in and stood up from his seat. "You're right, sweetie. I still have to cook your favorite spaghetti with meatballs for tonight!" She squealed.

"Sounds so delicious." Mayim uttered. "Yeah. He loves that, he always demands it during his birthday." Mrs. Parsons explained and kissed his son's cheek.

"Wait. It's your birthday?" Mayim sounded surprised. Jim didn't like telling a lot of people about his birthday but he got busted. "Yeah." He replied. "Why didn't you tell us? I could have at least bought you something." Mayim asked. "Why don't you join us on our dinner tonight at Jim's house?" Mrs. Parsons invited her.

"Oh." Mayim chuckled. "I don't think Jim would like to have me around on a special day like this." She doubted.

"Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me." Jim stated making her amused. "There. He likes you to come." Mrs. Parsons grilled in. Mayim didn't expect that Jim would consider inviting her.

"Well... If that's the birthday boy's wish, who am I to say no." She chuckled.

"Great!" Mrs. Parsons exclaimed. "I'll fetch you at your office after work hours." Jim informed her. "Sure." Mayim replied.

"Sounds like a lot of fun!" Mrs. Parsons cheered as she walked out of the room heading home.

After work hours, Jim went to Mayim's office to fetch her and drive her car for her as his mom took his car home. He hospitably assisted her as soon as they arrived at his place. His mom served some palatable and enticing foods on the table including his favorite Spaghetti with meatballs.

They exchanged some fun conversations together while Mrs. Parsons was unable to suppress her desire for Jim to ask Mayim out. The two just kept laughing as they didn't want to take it seriously fearing that their partnership for their case study might be affected if ever they take things seriously with regards to their relationship outside work.

After their meals, Mayim helped Mrs. Parsons to wash the dished while Jim cleaned the table.

Mayim wandered around the living room and looked at the pictures framed on the shelves. "Hey." Jim called her attention after he finished bringing his mom to her room.

"Hey. Is Mrs. Parsons asleep?" She asked. "She's about to sleep already." He replied. "Oh. I see. Anyways, I should get going." She informed him.

"Already?" He asked. "Uhm..." She checked at her wristwatch. "It's already ten. I still have to go to the office tomorrow at nine." She explained. "Oh... Okay. I'll drive you home."

"No need. Besides, how can you go back home if you'll drive my car." She brought up a point. "I'll just take a cab." He retorted.

"No. No need. It's too much effort from you. It's your birthday, I shouldn't be stressing you so much." She chuckled. "You invited me here and fed me some good meals and I don't even have a gift for you. It's unfair if you would insist driving me home." She continued.

"Well... Okay. If that's what you want." He replied and smiled at her. "So yeah... Good night and take care on your way home." He told her, she nodded. "Good night." She uttered a smiled at him for a couple of seconds.

He wanted to kiss her goodnight that moment but he felt like a coward until he missed the opportunity as she turned back and headed outside.

Damn. Why am I too scared. I had the chance.