Social Party

"Why don't you ask her to be your date on the acquaintance party of your colleagues?" Mrs. Parsons asked.

"Mom. It's not like a high school prom where having a date is required. Besides, it would be awkward." He explained and rejected the idea even if actually wants it.

"Mmm! I thought you like her. It's been over a year and you still don't show me any progress. I like her for you." She dared him. "It's not easy, mom. She's... Just different. She's not as easy as the other girls." He explained. "... And that's why I like her. She's just different." He smiled unconsciously. Mrs. Parsons knew his son is on his way to falling in love with Mayim and she liked the view of it as she saw how wonderful person Mayim is.

The party started at 6pm at the Fern Hotel — walking distance from the hospital they were all working at.

The women wore cocktail dresses while the men wore polo shirts and slacks. It was somehow formal but the party was pure fun. They all exchanged several laughs together and played several games to bond with each other.

"Okay! Let's have some romantic dance! Pick your partners!" The host instructed them. Everyone picked their partners, Mayim remained seated and watched everyone dance romantically with their picked partners. Jim remained standing at one corner trying to build his courage to ask Mayim to dance with him.

Mayim stood up and left the venue, slightly alarming Jim up. He followed her outside the function room.

"Hey!" He called. She turned to him and walked slower allowing him to follow her.

"Why did you leave?" He asked as they walked farther together. "Well, everyone was dancing and I had no partner." She chuckled. "I was about to ask you but you left." He confessed making her chuckle.

"You don't have to say that to comfort me." She laughed and pulled out the key of her hotel room from her purse.

"I'm serious." He insisted after she unlocked her door knob. She turned to him and looked at him. "Do you wanna come in?" She invited him and served him a cup of coffee inside as they exchanged a few conversations privately.

"But I'm serious a while back. I really was planning to ask you to dance but you left." He brought up again but she just giggled at him.

"I know!" He thought of an idea. He stood up and extended his arm. "Dr. Bialik, will you dance with me?" He asked.

She snorted at him. "You're kidding, right? There's not even a music here." She chuckled.

"We can make it through." He smiled at her and took her hand placing it on his shoulder while his hands rested on her waist.

They began to subtly move and dance slowly despite that there was no music playing. "You're crazy." She joked. "Yeah." He gazed at her. "You know it?" She giggle.

"Have I told you that you are beautiful?" He asked as her laughs faded out. "No." She uttered softly. "Well, you are." He retorted and looked at her in the eye, she looked back at him. "And you're small." He added making her chuckle. She glared at him in a joking manner before they laughed together.

"Kidding." He stated. "But you're really beautiful." He brought up again making her cheeks turn red. "... I can't help it." He continued and gazed at her. She remained silent and blushed.

After a few moments, she looked back at him. His chest started to pound heavily as he gazed on her green eyes that were looking back at him. He moved his face closer to her placing a soft kiss on her lips that stunned her for a moment.

"Please don't get mad." He uttered. "No." She uttered before he placed another peck on her lips. He kissed her again and made their next kisses turn into something deeper, she began to reciprocate his deep kisses in motion until they found themselves lying on the bed half naked still soaked into each other's kisses.