Misunderstandings

Melissa shared her break up with her boyfriend yesterday to their squad at the doctor's lounge. Mayim spared some time to stay at annex A despite that her office was on annex C — she missed hanging out at the lounge with the squad.

"Can you believe that he left me for that stupid doctor at Forum Hospital??" She vented out.

"Wait, the senior gynecologist of Forum? What's her name again...?" Elle tried to recall.

"Dr. Miranda Perkins?!" Mayim exclaimed upon recalling it first. "Yeah! That bítch!" Melissa retorted. "I attended a seminar before with her. I remember. Gosh. I didn't know she was the one you're talking about!" Mayim sounded so surprised.

"Well, she was my ex's ex. I heard that she was a beast in bed, if you know what I mean." Vanessa brought up. "Gosh! She's a bítch." Melissa swore.

"Well, I wouldn't object. Gynecologists are great in bed." Jim agreed and looked at Mayim. She looked back at him and smirked.

The other doctors noticed the sticky stares of the two towards each other. "So are urologists." She replied.

"Okay. What is going on?" Elle asked. Mayim and Jim just chuckled. "Wait.
Are you two..." Melissa felt thrilled.

"Oh please. They are." Vanessa added. "We're not saying anything!" Mayim laughed. "We're just stating facts here." Jim supported her.

"Mmm! Sexologists will still be the best in bed!" Vanessa added.

"Really? How is a lecture about sèx during sèx makes an experience the best?" Mayim joked making them laugh at Vanessa's response.

Ever since the night after the social party, Jim and Mayim became closer than ever — romantically and emotionally. However, they both didn't have the courage to clarify the real score between them. All the know is it wasn't necessary and what matters now is that they are fond of each other and they feel each other's concern and sincere care. It somehow felt like they are together without labelling each other.

Time passed by and the more that Mayim felt torn whether to talk to Jim about what happened to them after the social party.

"Jim... It's... Weird? No. No. Jim... Can we talk about... The thing that happened during the social party?"

"Jim... Can we talk about what happened to us last time at the social party?"

"Hey! Jim! Can we talk?"

"So... Jim... Can we talk about the intimate night we had last time? Huh? Intimate night, I mean... The... Sèx? You know???"

Mayim practiced her questions as she was alone in her office trying to figure out the best way to open up the conversation to Jim. She felt like she needed a confirmation about the real score between them because that night she had with Jim wasn't just a night to forget, it was special for her and it was very sentimental. She may be starting to conclude that she has feelings for him.

Later that evening, Mayim went to annex A's doctor's lounge to finally talk to Jim.

Jim was talking to Kaley as they were eating some potato chips at the lounge. "Kaley, you're my closest friend here in the hospital, right?" He asked. "Of course!" She replied enthusiastically. "So... I just... Wanna tell you something that I've been keeping for a while now." He began. She focused on him as she found it juicy.

"Tell me about it!" She squealed. He looked around and felt insecure. He dragged her to the comfort room so that no one could hear what they will he talking about.

"Okay, seriously. At the comfort room?" Kaley complained. "Can't risk it. I don't want anyone to know yet. You're the first one who'll know about this so promise me you'll keep this secret!" He explained. "Sure. Sure. Go on." She replied.

He took a deep breath before spilling it out. "I think I'm in love with Mayim." He confessed. Kaley pressed herself against the door in surprise.

"Oh god! Finally you realized it!" She retorted. "Kaley, I'm serious." He stated.

"So what's your problem?" She asked. "I... Don't know how to tell her. I don't want her to think that I fell in love with her just because of what happened to us at the social party." He confided. Kaley started to feel lost.

"Uhm... I'm sorry, what happened to you at the social party?" She asked. His eyes grew as he realized that he slipped.

"Oh my god. You had sèx at the social party, did you?!" She caught him. He started to turn red and blush. "You dog!!!" She squealed as she has been rooting for the two of them. "Okay. Shh! They might hear us!" He covered her mouth.

"Okay. So... Was she good?" She teased. "Stop!" He laughed. "So what do you think should I do?" He asked. "Well. I think you should just enjoy her company for now. Take your time to know her better personally and romantically. Ask her out and explore each other. Nobody's in rush anyway." Kaley suggested.

Jim paused and evaluated her suggestion. "You're right. Right. I'll do that. I wouldn't want to rush her anyway and pressure her to label our relationship. I'll just enjoy the moment-"

"And make her feel that you care for her. Make her feel you love her." Kaley cuts in.

Jim smiled. "Yeah. I love her." He agreed.

At the same instance, as Mayim was looking for Jim at annex A to finally talk to him about what happened to them at the social party, she saw him dragging Kaley towards the comfort — just the two of them — causing her to misinterpret it.

She paused and hid disabling Jim and Kaley to see her presence. She sighed out the pain in her chest upon seeing them. She closed her eyes and held her forehead.

I might be wrong. He might not be on the same page as I am. That might not meant anything to me as much as it meant something to me. Maybe the rumors were true that he's with Kaley.

Despite that she wanted to talk to Jim about what happened to them, she decided to never talk about to him anymore. She quietly walked away and went home.