Hide or Confess?

Jim had a smile on his lips the first thing when he woke up. He rolled over to check on Mayim but he only ended up realizing she was no longer around. He explored the room and checked the bathroom but she was no longer there. He started to feel bothered again as it became unclear to him again how she saw what happened to them last night.

She always runs away. She always walks away. She always do that. Will we ever sleep together without her running away the next day? I guess not.

He got on his clothes and showered, preparing himself for work.

Jim made up his mind and went straight to Mayim's office in annex C to talk to her and clarify things but then he wasn't in her office when he arrived.

"Excuse me, where's dr. Bialik?" He asked the assigned nurse. "Oh, Dr. Bialik hasn't arrived yet." The nurse replied. "Dr. Bialik won't be coming. She had a note that she's sick." Mayim's colleague informed him. "Oh. Alright." He retorted and decided to go back to his office.

As he arrived in his office he continued thinking about Mayim until he felt the urge to call her through her phone. It rang repeatedly but she wasn't picking up. He tried dialing her number again and again but she seems to be ignoring his calls and messages. He started to feel hopeless about her reason of immediately leaving that day.

She must have regretted that night. She didn't like it. What have I done. I shouldn't have taken her weakness for granted.

He felt bad and started to blame himself. He tried to give her space by not bothering her for the next days and weeks. He discretely checked on her but she stopped going to work since the night they had. He started to ask his colleagues and friends but they had no definite idea what she was going through and he wasn't surprised as he knows that she won't tell anyone about what happened between them. Despite that he wanted to give her more space, he decided to leave a message for her.

I just wanna ask if you already reviewed the last revision of our case study? I already sent my research paper on your email, notify me when you received it already. I hope you're doing well.

He hit send and hoped that she would at least consider replying.

Mayim went out of the comfort room and checked her phone. She saw his name flooding her lock screen as she kept ignoring his calls and messages for the past weeks. She sighed and placed back her phone on the bed side table. She closed her eyes and held her face.

What should I do. I don't think I am even ready to see him again. Not after what we had last time... Just no.

She talked to herself and held her stomach.

How am I suppose to tell him about this? Should I even tell him?

She felt more and more anxious as she just confirmed that she is pregnant with him. She suddenly started to get emotional as she thought about their child and think about how it may possibly grow as a love child. All she could ever feel now is anxiety and fear as everything isn't just about her and Jim now, the little angel they produced in her womb just made itself as another factor to consider and it extremely overwhelmed her.

Curiosity and worry swallowed Jim for the next days. He decided to personally visit Mayim on her residence to check on her. The doorbell rang, Mayim wrinkled her forehead as she wasn't expecting any visitors that day.

Her eyes grew a bit upon seeing Jim standing on her doorsteps. "Hey." He greeted awkwardly. "Jim... What are you doing here?" She asked.