Chapter 5:// History repeats itself

"Laurel, get up now" I heard a distinct voice. And again I'm greeted by bright light on my face. God I just hate this way of getting up.

"Dad, come on, let me sleep. It's Sunday" I groaned, pulling the blanket over my head. Soon the blanket is snatched away from my grasp and I feel cold.

"Daad! God! You know I hate it when you do that dad. I exclaimed. 

"That's the point my lil' girl" he grinned. I get up in defeat and give him a blank look.

He does a little victory dance. 

"Real nice dad. I mean what kind of a dad does that to their child!" I said.

"I do" he said, winking. 

"There's a surprise" he said, before I could ask him anything.

A surprise?

I get out of bed and go to the washroom to clean myself up. As I come out, I heard voices coming from downstairs.

What?

Do we have guests?

We never have guests!

I then hear laughter. Okay..... Weird!

"Laurel, come down kid. We have new neighbors!" I heard my dad shouting from downstairs.

New neighbors?!? I wondered.... When is the last time we had neighbors? As in we do have a lot of people around us who are so called 'neighbors' but they always seem to be in their own world.... And that is equivalent to be having none! And dad is never really so concerned about new people coming in or moving out from here, so I actually question what made him so lively this morning? I ran downstairs and was surprised to hear my dad actually laughing with those new people.

Oh fuck!!!

I just stood fixed to the carpet under my feet and glared the whole fucking time with my jaw dropped when I saw them... I couldn't believe it.... No way! I rubbed my eyes several times to check whether if I was dreaming or something. That's when my dad spotted me and was baffled as I stood like a statue looking like at them like a total retarded person.

"Lau, come here, let me introduce you to our new neighbors". He said. 

"Huh?" I replied, cause I still couldn't believe that this shit was real. 

"Laurel?" He made a gesture with his eyes wide. 

That was the second when I came back to my senses and behaved normally.

Oh gawd! What was I doing?

"So, this is Mr. and Mrs. Turner and their son Sean" my dad said.

"Yes, I believe that Sean and your daughter study in the same school". Mr. Turner said.

"Yes we do" Sean replied, looking at me.

And what I could do was just nod the whole freakin time!

After some couple of conversations, I got bored and walked to my room and I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see Sean coming up to me. As he walked towards me, my brain was replaying that whole guy's washroom scene again and again.