Chapter 9:// A Step Closer

We get down from the train, everyone too tired, that all we want now is a good and proper sleep.

There is a short bus ride from the station to the place where we'll be setting up our camps, and all that we do is sleep during the ride, because we are literally experiencing that stage of a phone's battery at 1%.

When we reach the place, by evening, it's a bit dark and wet, as it rained earlier and we feel a cool light breeze blowing through us. The sky is overcast and gloomy, and we stare up at it with a skeptical eye.

"Is it gonna rain again?" I ask Ryan who is just walking beside me. 

"Yeah probably it will" He says looking up again.

As we walk a short distance which seemed to be a thousand miles, we finally get closer to our place. There are trees all around, and the air smells fresh, green and wet. To our very own surprise the tents were already been made. Mr. Woods said that we had to make it on our own, before we started off with the trip, but, because he himself is so tired, that he kept his hands on his knees then stopped walking in between and gasped the whole time till we reached here, that he wasn't in a condition to make his own tent. So he had to spare us too.

"So students, there are several tents here. For the time being you can go in whichever tent you want to but tomorrow we'll be fixing you in specific numbers, but then also you can stay with your friends" Mr. Robins who is one of our teachers says in a tired tone.

Everyone is too exhausted even too reply, but we just walk toward our tents. As we get near to one, I turn around

"So it's four of us only?" I ask. 

"Yup" El says looking at each one of us. "It's 4".

"Good okay.." I say entering our tent.

"Oh my I am gonna go and get something to eat because I don't know about you guys but I am literally very hungry."El says moving her hands in the air.

"Of course I am hungry too I am coming with you"Jason speaks up.

El looks at him and then at me. I wink at her and she starts blushing. I guess I will be playing cupid this vacation.

They both go out and its then that I realise it just me and Ryan now.

No need to panic now Lau come on.

"I'll take that part to sleep because I like sleeping in corners."Ryan says

"Yep sure wherever you want."I say

And so suddenly Ryan takes off his shirt. And let me tell you, he has got one hell of a body. I mean his body is seriously better that Shawn's.

Okay that just sounds creepy. It was at Sarah's pool party that I saw Shawn's body. I am not a stalker come on.

"Umm Ryan what are you doing?"I ask, not trying to make an eye contact with him.

"Come on I am not sleeping with a shirt on, it's really uncomfortable."

"But still."

"Why? Is it bothering you little girlie?"He says smirking, and coming closer.

"Ew, no. And don't call me that. Makes me sound like a sap."

"Hahaha why not it suits you"he says, laughing.

"Shut up"I mumble smiling.

Ryan comes and sits beside me.