three ; befriending the victim

"Whats it like in Italy?" Ethan questioned as we walked to a nearby McDonalds after school.

"Well its fun, i come from a big family, so lots of cousins." I told him, trying not to give off too much information.

"Whats the food like?" He questioned again. "It's really good. Always made at home, never really had fast food. Only once or twice. The food comes in courses, so you always had to save room for more." I told him. "Thats so fascinating." He said seriously, looking into my eyes.

"I'll take a meduim fry and a McChicken." I said placing my order. "And sweet and sour sauce." I added causing Ethan to laugh. I went to pay but Ethan stopped me. "Its my food, i pay." I said. "Its okay." He said smiling down at me.

They gave us our food and we went to sat down.

"Your really cool Es." Ethan told me. "You too Eth." I said, causing a smile to form.

-

"Stop, leave her alone! What did she even do to you?" I asked a group of kids who was bullying a fare skinned girl with curly hair.

"Why do you care Esme?" A boy who i didnt know asked. "Because, she didnt do anything apparently." I said.

"Shut up Esme, i think Ethan is looking for you else where." He said, in an attempt to tease me.

I sent a punch to his nose, a crunch erputing as he held his bleeding nose.

The group left, dragging the bleeding fien by his shirt.

"Thank you. Im Brielle." Brielle said, rubbing a hand up and down her arm awkwardly.

"Esme, why dont you come sit with me and my cuzzos?" I asked her. "Cuzzos?" She questioned, walking with me.

"Cousins i mean. Growing up in a big Italian family of men, you can pick up on their language." I said laughing as we sat with Kylie and April.

"Theres your boy." April said teasingly, as Ethan walked over, a huge smile on his face as he flipped his hair. His brother Grayson following behind. "Theres 2 of them." Brielle said, a hint of amusement in her voice.

"Double trouble." I said laughing, as they both sat at the table with us.

"Whos this?" Gray asked, nodding towards Brielle. "Brielle." I said, nudging her slightly.

I shivered slightly, moving my hair out of my face as a cool breeze set in.

"Here." Ethan said, taking his sweater off to give to me. "You'll be cold." I argued, not wanting to grab or push it back. "I'll be fine, just take it Esme." Ethan said, almost puttinf the sweater on for me.

"Thank you." I said, smiling towards him.

I took a sip of my Vitamin water, Ethan tipping the bottom so it dripped down my chin. I smacked his arm playfully, cleaning myself with a napkin.

"Lets go somewhere." Ethan whispered in my ear. "Where?" I asked, leaning my head on my hand.

"A surprise." Ethan said, walking with me to his car.

Ethan's POV

"Ditching school? Theres so much i dont know about you Eth." Esme said, releasing a small smile as we drove farther away from the school.

I kept my eyes on the road but i smiled. "I guess you'll just have to find out then." I said smirking.

-

I pulled up to a old swimming hole that Gray and i used to come to as kids. Esme seemed to love it.

"Its so beautiful." She said, looking around and touching the trees.

We sat on a flat rock, Esme dipping her fingers into the water. Running her hand back and forth calmly.

"Thank you for bringing me. Its really beautiful here." Esme said, looking at me. "I can bring you here whenever." I told her. And it was true.

Esme's POV

He's being so nice to me. Why? Is he planning to kill me too? I highly doubt that. I wish he wasnt being this nice... how am i supposed to kill Ethan Dolan now?

Ethan slipped his warm hand into my cold one, i squeezed it lightly. This is what befriending the victim is about. Letting him trust me.

"Sorry." He said, taking his hand away from mine. Making mine go cold again. I nodded slightly. Focusing back onto the flowing water.

I looked over at Ethan in the corner of my eye. He picked a lone daisy.

I looked at him, he turned around handing me the lone daisy. I smiled, thanking him as we slipped into a comfortable silence.

I put the daisy in my hair where my ear was. I looked around and saw a full dandelion. I handed it to Ethan.

He smiled, closing his eyes and taking a slight pause, before blowing the dandelion fuzzies away.

"What'd you wish for?" I asked him.