Ten ; Who Knows Anymore

The blow from the ball knocked the wind out of me, and i fell backwards and landed on my head.

"Esme!" My cousins yelled, but i couldnt open my eyes. I must have a concussion. These things are like medicine balls.

"Es." Ethan said, lifting me up from the ground. I held my head in pain as i was more worried about my stomach but didnt show it.

"Luciano cant take a medicine ball to the stomach?" Mr.Davis said laughing.

"The baby." I whispered quietly in Ethan's ear. He looked up at Mr.Davis like he was going to kill him. I touched his arm gently, making his temper go away and look at me with gentle eyes.

"We're leaving." Ethan yelled, helping me up off my butt.

"Thats what dodgeball is about, you cant take a hit to the stomach Esme? Thats pathetic." Mr.Davis said as we walked to the locker room so i can change.

"She can't take one to the stomach because she's PREGNANT! And you probably just had our baby killed Mr.Davis because you couldnt just let her sit out!" Ethan yelled at him.

The students started yelling at Mr.Davis too, but some didn't.

"Ethan." I said, tugging on his shirt. He followed me into the locker room and waited for me to change.

I just put on the school sweats and a tank instead, since i wasn't feeling well. "I have my slippers in my car baby." Ethan said, since i wore heels today.

-

"Esme and Ethan?" The nurse asked. Me and Ethan stood up, and followed her to the ultra sound room.

Ethan held my hand tightly as we focused on the screen, seeing our baby who was now 3 months old.

"And theres your baby's heartbeat." The nurse said, "just be careful, your baby isnt that big yet so theres no problems, i'll right you a note excusing you from pe ." She said.

"And you do have a concussion, just take it easy and try not to sleep. You will expierience more nausea and dizziness."

"Thank you." I said, grabbing my papers and walking out, holding Ethan's hand.

-

Ethans POV

"Its snowing." Esme said, looking out the sliding glass doors of my room. I walked behind her and slid my arms around her waist, she was silent.

"I don't wanna be touched right now." She said quietly. "What's wrong?" I asked, releasing her.

"I don't know." She said blankly. She looked at me, her eyes pacing back and forth really fast.

"Esme." I said, holding her steady as she was about to fall. "I got dizzy." She said, trying to reasurre me. "Im really tired Ethan." She said, putting a head on my chest.

"You can't sleep baby. Theres a chance of death." I said worriedly.

She just laughed.

"We only know each other, because we are supposed to kill each other. If i sleep and die, you'll live. You'll have no regret because you didnt do it. Sleep did." She said to me.

"Esme..." i started. "No Ethan, It's true. " she said, cutting me off.

Esme's POV

I dressed casual for school the next day. Just some light blue jeans with a gray sweater Ethan gave me. Things would be awkward between us, i suggested we had a break. He didn't want to but agreed to make me happy.

"You look normal." April said as she handed me my note i almost forgot.

I shrugged, putting a hand on my growing stomach. I grabbed a bag of chips from the cupboard before walking to school, not wanting to talk to anyone really.

I stared at the ground, thinking about my babies life. I can just kill Ethan right? I can find someone else and my son or daughter will look at them as their father.

"Esme." Someone said, i looked around, but duct tape was put over my mouth along with a black bag.