Chapter eighteen

I couldn't escape this place the same way I had before; that had involved luck, stupidity and an aeroplane. Now I just had to rely on my friends. And I'm telling you now, that's not something I particularly want to do.
Leaving my old room, I stepped into the hall like a whisper. Looking back down the glass corridor, I knew they'd gone down there so, taking out my swords, I followed. There was no way of hiding, so instead I just walked through like I was meant to be there. I wasn't even given a passing glance! Well... At least not until a man caught sight of my swords, scowled for a moment and went back to his work - but only after a big ol' smile from me.
Taking another left, I suddenly saw them; Destiny and Velvet.
"Surprise motherfucker!" I cried after them, pausing in the coolest pose I could manage.
Destiny turned. Grinning.
Velvet turned. Terrified.
Winking, I burst into a run, ready to take on the man I'd been planning to kill for oh-so-long. But Velvet started running too, dragging my struggling friend along with him. When it became too hard to make Destiny go with him, Velvet dropped him and started sprinting.
Skidding to a halt myself, I dropped the sword. I pulled out a knife from my back pocket. I studied my enemy. I took aim. I focused my breathing.
1...
2...
3...
I threw the knife.
It struck Velvet in the dead centre of his back and he fell on his face. Dead but not dead. That could come later...

Helping Destiny to his feet, I held him at arms length and studied him. Eyes still bright. Hair still a mess. Smile still nervous.
I willingly pulled him into a hug and no matter how much I hated human contact, this was a human I guess was alright.

"What are we going to do about him?" Destiny asked once I let go, looking back at where Velvet had been.
But of course, like it always happens in the movies, he was gone. As I'd said before though, he wasn't a priority; Destiny was.
All I needed now was Lion and my Squad and life would be chill again.

Walking cautiously through the halls, we found a corridor with many wooden doors on either side and a strange mint green glass window at the very end which matched the mint green walls. But when we found it, the guards found us.
So then I was dragging my companion towards the window and he caught onto my plan and he struggled and we got closer and he shouted at me to stop and we got closer and the guards were almost upon us and we got closer and closer and closer and...
Flying through the window, we fell so many stories until suddenly we weren't falling anymore.

Outside, once we'd both respawned, we found Stitch sat looking stressed, depressed and ready to be caressed but brightened at seeing me and Des.
"What the hell are you doing here?" I questioned, confused at him sitting there so casually within a couple of meters of the HQ filled with so many of Velvet's men. "Why haven't they grabbed you?"
"They did." He told me, standing up.
"And?"
"And they let me go."
"Why?"
"I recon it's because of the beard." He beamed through the scuzzy mess of hair. "They said it was the smell..."
Ah, of course.
"And the others? Where are they?" I questioned.
"They were captured. They're still inside. The guards in the lobby said if I even set a foot inside, they'd shoot me."
Of fucking course.
"Destiny. Stitch. You two need to get far away from here. Get somewhere safe. It's time to reassembled the avengers."

I knew my friends were probably in the rooms with they're names on the doors - or that was the obvious bet at least. So that's where I headed, walking into the reception with my arms raised in surrender.
"Hello, you may remember me from about a minute ago when I jumped out a window. Let me get my friends and I'll give you everything you want and more."
"All we want is you dead." A guard growled.
"Suck my dick." I shot back and took off running again.
I've never done so much exercise in my life!
This time though, I went left through the other set of white doors, these too having silver porthole windows but the glass here was barred with thin wires.
In to room beyond them, it seemed I'd stumbled into some sort of laboratory and the guards were not happy about it.