Chapter 5

Last period of classes for today. While waiting for our Physics teacher, I decided to duck down on my arm chair and play one of my favorite song for a few minutes.

When I see your smile
Tears run down my face
I can't replace

And now that I'm stronger I've figured out
How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul

And I know, I'll find deep inside me
I could be the one

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all

Even if saving you sends me to heaven..

Even though I'm carried by the song, I still heard the commotion outside the classroom.

I straightened my posture and turned to see the door.

"Rine's here! OMG!"
"What's he doing here?"
"Who's he looking for?"
"One thing's for sure, it's not you Anj." Then I heard another sighs and giggles.

I don't blame my classmates for their UNTOWARD reaction. I tend to have it a lot of times when Araleigh mentions Channing Tatum in his movie Magic Mike XXL. Who wouldn't? Especially that last dance.

Nevertheless, I walked towards them.

"Bienne." Rine called me.

I looked at him.

"You know me?" I asked confused. What's with everyone knowing my name? I mean, I'm familiar with their faces but not their names.

Can he be..
It was not him, was it?

"About my father's deal with you. He mentioned earlier today to fetch you here. Are you done?" He smiled.

So, it's him.

"Not really. We're still waiting for our teacher. Last period."

"Ok. I'll just be at the Coke Canteen." He motioned towards the building fronting the Library. Then he walked away.

I breathe in deeply. I didn't expect it to be him. I'm expecting someone..

Very well. I went back to my arm chair just to see everyone eyeing me suspiciously.

"What? No monkey business there. Only pure business." I defended. Someone whistled at the back.

"Way to go, Bienne. After Kate, you? Tsk tsk. Rine's really collecting smart and pretty girls. I'm kind of hoping he'll spare you. Looks like I'm mistaken."

"You are absolutely mistaken, Dave. I'm not his type. He's not my type either." I defended. Again. I'm still looking at Dave angrily.

"Who is it then?"

I snapped my head instantly towards the door. There stood Tri.

Holy sh-

"Triton! Long time no see, man!" Dave stood up and they did a handshake.

"At first Rine and then now, Triton! Thank God I'm in this class!" A girl at the front shouted.

"Rine's here?" He looked at me.

In those two questions he asked, none of it was answered for I was so stunned to see him. Right here. Right now.

"Good Afternoon, Class. Oh, what a surprise visit, Triton. Mind sharing your business to me?" Mr. Banx said.

Tri.. looked at me shortly then to Sir Banx.

"It's just.." He transferred his gaze back at me.

"Never mind. I'll just go ahead, Sir."

He simply went out the classroom and never looked back.

I just shrugged my curiosity off. Though questions flooded my mind.

What was he doing here? Surely not visiting me or anyone for that matter.

Am I in debt? Not really. I'm in debt to some of my classmates, not him.

I just can't think of something.

I tried shoveling my frontal lobe for memories but still negative.

Physics ends with us being assigned to report the next meeting. As I went out, I saw Rine sitting at the canteen.

He stood up once he saw me.

"Hey."
"Hi. Let's go?"

He led me to his Rouser just outside the school near the Freedom Park. Really?

"Here. Wear this." He handed me a helmet.

"Rine, what are you doing?" A voice interrupted.
It's him.

"Triton. Good to see you. Where's Kate?" Then he turned to me.

"Bienne, wear the helmet."
"Okay." I said breathtakingly.

"Enne, don't."

I looked at him shocked. OH MY GOSH. Enne! He said it. He was the one I'm texting that dawn.

"Triton." Rine said.
"Rine." Triton countered.

"Hey, Del Rio! Basketball later? Just at the Sports Complex. 6pm sharp." A guy riding a Ford Ranger shouted.

"I can't!" Both of them shouted back.

BOTH OF THEM.

"You're brothers?!" I asked shocked.

"Unfortunately." They replied.

Up until now, I still couldn't grasp the idea that they're brothers. I mean, the first time I saw them they are punching each other's faces.

Long story short, we're here in their suite in Hotel Essencia. There's a big conference table at the other side of it. I think that will be for the tutoring purposes. Speaking of..

"Since you're brothers, who am I going to tutor?" I asked confused.

"It's Triton." Rine answered.

"I thought it's you. You were the one who fetch me at the room."

"He forgot. So dad asked me to get you instead. You met him? My dad?"

"I see. Yes, we've met already. A few days back." I looked around.

"You like him." I stared at Rine.

"How do you know?" I countered.

"I just know. And by the way you looked around earlier, seems like you're looking for him." He said it matter of factly.

"I just find this place huge. And nice. That's all."

"Convince yourself." He stood up.

"What about Kate?" I couldn't help but asked.

"We're over. She cheated with Triton. My brother. Of all people? I couldn't believe her." I heard his tone of disgust.

"Sorry for prying. I just can't help it. Don't worry that will be the last." I smiled.

He nodded and went outside the suite.

I was left with the review materials. After reading the notes, I stood up and scanned the the suite again.

"You good?"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I looked at Triton angrily.

"What? I only asked."
"You almost gave me a heart attack, Tri!" He smiled while looking at me.

"I'm happy to give you my heart, Enne. Not a heart attack." Then he smirked.