Chapter 23

A huge crowd was gathered in the hall. People are jumping and singing their hearts out.

To my left stood our teachers, they're busy talking and laughing happy tears. To my right, drinks piled up on long tables with various drinks. You name it, they have it.

I wondered how much they cost?

We were already at the back part of the crowd that it was impossible to see and make out everyone's faces.

A feedback from the speakers made everyone squint with irritation.

Then a familiar voice followed suit.

"Everyone, let me just take this moment to sing you a special song. I used to sing this a long time ago to someone dear to me. She's here so might as well sing this to her." Triton's eyes scanned the crowd.

He didn't see me.

When I see you smile,
tears run down my face
I can't replace..

I closed my eyes and visited a memory I thought I already forgot.

The song continued to play. As I was about to open my eyes, I squinted because of the spotlight which was directed at me.

The sea of people vanished in the middle making an aisle more than enough to fit a truck.

You're my, my, my true love
Please don't throw that away..

Triton made his way to me with his guitar. He gave me a smile that I definitely miss.

"Hi. Are you free this Saturday?"

The crowd cheered at us.

"Way to go, loverboy!"

"Witweeeeeeew!"

"Say yes already!"

My former classmates and mentors, also his band mates and other people present on that dancing hall, they were all smiles.

I looked at Kizie. Then to my mentors. Then to him.

"You planned this." I accused breathily.

"Well, what can I say? I'm cheesy when it comes to you." He winked at me.

"How are you? After.. all these years?" He followed up.

"Where's the girl you're with?" I looked around because, trust me, she's nowhere in sight.

"She's a colleague." He dismissed that topic and said "Saturday. 7PM sharp. At the Grandstand quadrangle. Don't be late."

At that moment, I thought I got a lockjaw.