Chapter 10

I can't remember the times I swallowed the lump forming in my throat.

After we, Triton and I, watched a lot of movies, we both decided to play spin the bottle.

He offered to spin it.  And to my dismay, it landed first to me.

"Gosh. That bottle's biased." I pouted.

"No buts, Enne. So, truth or dare?" He smiled. Dangerously.

"I'd go for the safest. Truth!" I exclaimed. He laughed.

"Okay. So, why did you look so awkward earlier?" He asked.

I didn't see that coming. Of all the questions? I'd pegged him for a - 'Who's your ex-boyfriend?' and stuffs like that - kind of guy.

"Uhm. Dare?" I changed my first option.

"You're so cute. But, no. Answer please." He smiled. Boy, did he enjoy doing this to me.

"Okay. Truth. I'm thinking that you.. we.. will.. uhm.. gosh! I hate this game. Can we eat now? I'm hungry." I stood up.

"I will? We will? What?" I know he already knew what my answer will be. He's just torturing me.

"Triton! Stop provoking me!" I covered my face with the throw pillow I have. He only laughed and stood beside me.

"Provoke huh. You think I'll do it to you?" He asked.

Ouch.

"I'll do it with you. Just not today. Not tomorrow. But soon. Maybe sooner? Or soonest that you could imagine."

I screamed and ran away from him covering my body with the throw pillow.

He continued laughing at me.

"You're still really young for me, Enne. Sometimes I reg-" he stopped.

I looked at him. Is he serious? Regret? Pursuing me?

"It's not what you think it is." He looked down. All playfulness absent.

"I hope so. C'mon let's eat outside." I walked towards the door.

The drive towards downtown was silent. Too silent, I must add.

"Do you regret being here with me?" I asked him with my eyes looking straight forward.

He didn't answer. I took that as a yes. It hurt. So bad.

"I didn't expect you to be here with me, too. Maybe yes." I looked at him just to see him already looking at me.

"Can you stop the car?" He did.

"Yes what?" He continued staring.

"I'm too young for you." I looked outside while saying that.

You see, we were of the same age. I catched his drift. I think he experienced life the hard way. I mean based on his experiences.
While me? I knew nothing about life. That was the only thing I could think of.

"Enne, I'm sorry about what I said earlier. I told you it isn't what you think it is. I love you."

I smiled at him.
"It's okay."

He started the engine and continued driving.

"Can we eat at Ever Mall?" I asked him.

"If you want." He smiled at me.

The mood changed into a light one though I didn't forget our petty fight earlier.

He parked his car beside the mall's entrance.

I ordered Takuyaki and Siomai as well as Coke. So did he.

I ate my food silently. Thinking things through,  I went back to the time of our first meeting. Well, I did have a not so good impression of him. I continued eating. I sighed.

"That's your nth sigh for today."
Triton suddenly spoke.

I looked at him. Really looked at him. Am I ready to gamble my heart again? Gamble it for him?

I sighed again.

"Is something wrong?" He spoke again, confused.

I'm with him now. Since.. that day at the Oval. How could I forget? Oh, lettuces!

I already did gamble. Now, it's just between us to keep this relationship sailing. Not smoothly,  I must add. Because I know there will be lots of problems we still have to encounter.

I'm not being pessimistic but that's the truth. Unfortunately.

My continued silence must have bothered Triton a lot because he stood up and sat beside me.

He gave me the look.

"Okay. That's it." I blinked my eyes at him sending me out of my reverie.

"I'm sorry. What?"

"You're just sitting there looking at me. I thought you're going to-"

Without further ado, I kissed him. Passionately. I didn't care that we're at a mall. I didn't care that people were staring. I just didn't care at all.

I guess that was all it needed for us to make up. 'Cause right after that..

"I love you." I breathed out.

Seconds, minutes, hours perhaps? I couldn't remember. But while he's driving, I could not missed the curved line at his lips also known as a smile.

"Say something." Am I too eager?
"Did you just really do that?" He asked still smiling.

"I mean, I've been dying for you to do that. God, I prayed for that." I couldn't find the words to say.

Here I am worrying that I initiated that kiss.

"I'll drop you home, Enne. Your parents might think I did something to you." He add it with a laugh.

"My parents are out, remember? " I reminded him.

"Oh, stop that. I'll wait 'til you're finished college." He put his hand on mine.

What? Was he thinking about that? That THAT?

"Wait 'til that time. I promise to do my very best." He laughed.

I jabbed him.

"What are you talking about?! I'm not inviting you at my house because of THAT! I'm inviting you to.." I searched for words in my frontal lobe. None.

"To what?" He moved his eyebrows up and down smiling.

"To.. to have a seat and talk and coffee and.." shocks! "Never mind." I said.

I noticed that we're at our house's entrance.

I instantly went out the car.
"Bye." I ran to the door.

I heard his laugh. And his words that I, Bienne Montreal, probably won't forget. Ever.

"Buy a lingerie when that day comes."

I shut the door.