Chapter 4

"Ok, students! File up!" Mrs. Dawson shouted.

I scanned the crowd to look for him. His missing. And why am I looking for him? We can still play without him.

I'm still confused as to what his words mean.

In the whole duration of our game, he's missing. I don't know why.

When class ended, I ran towards the girl's CR. I washed my face and got my towel. I looked at myself in the mirror.

Seconds later, Araleigh enters.

"Hey, why the long face?"
She stood beside me.

"Mom find out about dad's you know. They're both at each other's throat this morning. Ugh I really try not getting affected but.."

I pity her. I mean, my mom and dad fights but not about stuffs like that.

"It-" I was halted by someone entering the CR.

She stood beside me while facing the mirror. I looked at her. She's changed. She looked more.. matured.

She also washed her faced while I continued looking.

"What?"

I snapped out of my reverie.
"Nothing."

She looked at me weirdly then went out.

"Kate Reynes." Araleigh whispered.

"You know her?"
"Who wouldn't? She's the brightest in their section. Plus, she's the most talked about recently." She then walked towards the CR's door.

"See ya. Gotta go. Talk to you later."

Before I could stop her. She already went out.

Sigh. I didn't tell her anything to lift her up. I know she's not fine judging by the way her eyes looked.

I went out. My next class would be TLE in which I chose ICT. I immediately took up the stairs towards the TLE Building.

When I turned towards our classroom, I saw Tri.

Fudge. Brownies. with. Sprinkles. on. top.

I continued walking. I don't like this feeling.

"Hey." I stopped and turned around.

"Hello. You see, I've got a class to attend to. By-"

"Wait. Are you Bienne Montreal? " He stared at me.

"How-"

He smiled at me.

"So, it's you." How on earth did he knew me?

But before I could verbalized my words, he already walked away.

For the whole duration of our class, I'm floating. Not in a cloud nine way but something more. And it's really bothering me. A lot.

I decided to just walk home. I'm sure Tri had me a background check. He sure knew my name.

It's just a name, Bienne!

Right. No biggie.

"I'm home!"

"There you are! Good news, Bi. You'll be starting your work tomorrow. If you like, I can give you Mr. Del Rio's number." Dad fished his phone from his pocket.

I took the number and saved it.

Mr. Del Rio

"Thanks, dad. Before I forget, where is his address?"

"I think they're staying at Hotel Essencia as of the moment. But, I don't know where their true house is."

"Ok, dad. Maybe I'll just text him then?" Shit. I needed my phone to be loaded all the time. What a waste.

"Good idea." I just nodded then started to walked up the stairs. Then I remembered..

"By the way, where's mom?"

My dad smiled.
"That's a secret."

Oh well.

After I took a halfbath, I lie down on my bed and decided to text Mr. Del Rio.

Good Evening, Sir! :) This is Bienne Montreal. The one who you asked to tutor your son. My dad told me I can start working tomorrow. Where will I go to see your son?

Sent.

While waiting for his reply, I logged on to my Facebook account.

Scroll. Scroll. Scroll.

I saw my elementary classmates' pictures when they went to Pigeon Resort last week. I sighed.

I reacted a heart emoticon then commented.

After logging out, I put on my earphones. I slept for how many hours before I woke up to see that it's already 2am.

I checked my phone to see a message from Mr. Del Rio.

Hey. I'll just go to your room after class tomorrow. See ya.

Was it really him? Didn't seem like a 40-year old kind of texting style.

Still I replied out of respect.

Copy, sir. I bet your son knows where my classroom is. Thanks for your reply. :)

As I put my phone on my bedside, it vibrated.

One message from Mr. Del Rio

I opted reading it.

Sure I know where it is, Enne. Seriously though, you're still up at this hour? :)

Enne. Enne?! This is really not Mr. Del Rio.

Are you Mr. Del Rio's son? The one who I'll be tutoring?

Sent.

And for my answer to your question, yes I've woken up. Not still up. I slept already a few minutes back. Thank you and good night.

Sent.

Before I'd closed my eyes to sleep, I still read his text.

Where did the smileys go, Enne? :) Yes, the one and only.
Good night. Dream of me. ;)

And I can't help but smile.