Chapter 18

"Hey." Was all I could muster.

Why did all of these people from the past come back right at this moment? Why didn't they, at least, let us see them in the future? Or maybe some other time?

That's the thing about life. We see what we don't like seeing and we can't see what we've been looking for.

"You're here alone? Or with.. someone?" He studied me for a long while.

"I.." Would I lie? Or not.

"She's with me. Why? Any problem with that?" An arm was now over my shoulder.

"The name's Ruie." He held out a hand. But Triton just looked at it without even bothering to shake it.

"Triton. Her boyfriend. Her fiancé. Her soon to be husband." Triton tightened his grip on me.

"And oh, her everything. And you?" He asked Ruie.

"I'm her ex. No need to worry, I just approach her to have a moment of... reminiscence." Ruie smiled cockily. "Well,  I guess I'll see you later, Bienne." I just nodded my head as I watched him stroll away from us.

"So.." He dragged the word.

"What?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why did you leave me there?"

Didn't he see it? Feel it? I'm giving them time to catch up! I'm not jealous. That's for sure.

Really?

"I just.. took a stroll. That's all. And besides, I thought you both need some alone time with your special friend. You know, like what Ruie and I did?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh." He's now suppressing his smile.

"Why are you smiling like that?"
Thinking he wouldn't answer, I turned around. "Never mind."

He instantly caught my arm and hugged me from the back. I can feel him behind me.

"I really like you being jealous. But.. I just decided against it." He smelled my hair and I feel something I should not be feeling.

"Hey.." I looked up at him. He looked down at me. For a moment, we stayed that way.

"I love you, alright? Alex is just a mere acquaintance." He said.

This was what I'm afraid of when you harbor feelings towards a person. You tend to get jealous over petty and insignificant things. Now I admit that I'm jealous!

I can still feel him. I took a breath.

"So.." I started.

"So.. where to next?" Triton asked me while putting his arms over my shoulders.

"Where do you want to go? Your turn this time."

Practically, that was what we did for the entire day.

He chose going to the falls in that same place. While I chose for us to go a hot spring.

The sun started to set by that time. So, we both decided to look for a place to eat.

Patty's and Agapep's

That was what the scroll-like material said.

Once we've entered, a waiter immediately approach us.

"Good evening. The tables here are full so you can just follow me at the rooftop." His name's Lex. That was what his nameplate said.

Triton and I followed him. He let me walk first and I can feel his hand at the small of my back.

Fuck. All of his minute movements were obvious to me.

Once we've settled ourselves, we both said our orders and Lex went down to the main floor.

Scanning through the place, I noticed that the view in here's breathtaking. I could generally see the stars above!

"This place is so beautiful. Don't you think so?" My eyes were still roaming while I asked Triton this.

"Very." I turned my head towards him and found that he's already looking at me.

I smiled at him.
"Thanks for being my company."

Triton returned my smile.
"This will be our last night here together. Can we stay up all night? We can stroll and do some things."

I nodded. Funny how the days ran fast. But it was all worth it.

The food arrived. We continued talking about random things and people. We even talked about who the best president candidate is!

Once we're finished, we decided to swim in the beach.

"Can you just stay here in the shallows? I'm not really a fan of swimming in the deep. I can tolerate swimming pools but not beaches." I said to Triton because now he was at shoulder-deep part of the waters. While me? I'm just in the waist-deep.

"Okay." He went back to me only to drag me towards where he was at earlier.

"No! No! No! Put me back! Put me back!" I started to scream.

He just laughed at me.
I could feel the sand's absence in my feet. I continued to scream in panic.

"Just relax. Here, hold my hand."
I held his hand but I saw a wave coming to my direction so I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Cheese pickles." I muttered to myself.

He laughed again.
"Ha! You're making a move on me."

"You're the one who's making me do this." Damn! But why am I enjoying this?

He laughed again. Gotcha!

While I'm glued to my position, Triton wrapped his arms around my hips and pulled me nearer to him. I could feel his body heat on me.

I looked anywhere but him.

"Hey." I continued avoiding his gaze.

He gently kissed the side of my lips.

That was all it took for me to stare at him.

"What are doing to me?" Triton whispered. His breath tickled the side of my neck.

I don't know, Tri. I should asked you the same question.

What are doing to me?

I'm not the type who easily falls for sweet words..and actions. My defenses are sky high when it comes to these things.

But why's it an exception when it comes to him?

You love him.

His eyes told me many things.. held many emotions.. meant only for me.

Was he worth the fight?

Just then, Triton bent his head to kiss me fully on the lips. His lips were cold and at the same time sweet just like before. And even before I responded, a thought crossed my mind.

Yes, he is worth the fight.