Strickling

[October 22nd - After hours]
Karla: "What do you think Stephen meant?"
Kristal: "One of us, atleast I think, may be the killer."
Emily: "It's probably Mr. Henderson, I mean... I know Lilith wouldn't make sense but Morgan would definetly be his target."
Kristal: "No, don't say that."
Emily: "I'm sorry, how have you been feeling?
Kristal: "I just miss Lily so much."
[Emily slides in closer]
-"Aww well you know I'm here for you."
Kristal: "Huh, thanks but I think I know what to do."

Emily quickly leans in and kisses Kristal. Embracing her, she noticed Kristal's lips were so soft, so ample but this moment was ruined as it wasn't a mutual kiss. Kristal felt attacked and reacted with force. Emily's face was pushed into the concrete. Jilted, she said, "Kristal! I'm so sorry!"
[Both of them stand inactive]
"Goodbye Emily!"
[Kristal leaves at an unsteady pace]
Emily: "Soft lips."

Feelings were complicated. Emily had always felt something for Kristal while Kristal only saw her as friend, nothing more. The situation wasn't too serious, it was in the heat of the moment; random. Even after that, Kristal's mind was still on Lilith. She tried to overshadow her thoughts with music and television but still nothing worked. She felt as though this loss had not only bruised her heart but had damaged her mind.

[9:00 p.m. - Kristal's bathroom]
Kristal leaves the shower, her hair is wet, her skin is damp as she searches for the nearest hair brush. The mirror is faded from the steam and she can't see her reflection, she reaches to clear it but the poor girl can't stand to look at herself. She finally swipes the mirror and sees herself. She starts to brush her hair humming a small toon. Suddenly, that small toon progresses into silence and slowly moving her lips, she says, "pretty, pretty, pretty."

Face first, Kristal smashes her head against the glass. She says, One for Lily [smash], two for Morgan [smash], three for me [shatters] Kristal falls to the bathroom floor and sees the broken shards of glass. As she reaches for one, she hears her mother bang on the door:
"Kristal, sweetie, what are you doing in there?"
[A sigh is heard]
"Kristal, open the door now!"
[After a few moments the door opens]
Kristal is found picking up the broken pieces of glass with her back turned to her mother: "Yes mom?"
"I heard glass break, what happened?"
"I was mad and I broke the mirror but I'm fine, leave me... please."
[Her mother walks away bewildered]

Kristal rushes to the cabinet, searching for a different release. She scans the first shelf, "nothing." Scans the second and stops to see a prescription of pain killers, it was a bottle of Norco, reading: Kristal Strickling. She starts to remove the lid, growing impatient as her hands become a blush red while she struggles to remove the cap. It opens, finally. She lifts up the bottle and swallows the entire capsule.

[10 minutes pass]

Kristal found herself vomiting into the toilet feeling her insides warp and tremble. She crawled out calling, "Mom, mom, it hurts so much."
[Two feet step in front of her]
Kristal: "No please, no, I don't wanna die."
Kristal attempts to crawl away but the figure kicks her down, it was the killer. She could no longer move; her limbs losing their purpose. The antagonist retricts her arms and grabs a hold of her neck. She gasps for air but finds herself letting go. She hears a fiendish whisper: "I'll take your last breath." Kristal struggles to retain air but lets out one last breath and a single tear.