No Going Back

Sooooo it's been two years. Howdy - doody?!

So sorry it took this long. I canned the entire idea awhile ago but felt compelled to reading it. I don't plan on editing it or fixing past mistakes. I am actually just gonna do a time speed and start over slightly..I'm also fixing it majorly. Ill be doing point of views. Forgive me if you liked the narrative version better, I just never fully cared for it.

...Two years later...

Tetsu's POV

"Awh! Come on Tetsu-- lemme win from time to time!! Jerk." A trainee whined.

It's been two years since my last adventure with Taiga and the gang. I miss them every once in awhile. But then I think about how much safer they are without me. I've changed in many ways. I'm a field agent for a secret organization meant for highly gifted people. We get a bunch of people who go on the raidar. I train the children when I have the time.

Forcing myself out of my thoughts I round house kick the newest kid in the stomach. Not hard, but enough to keep them in their place. And strive harder. The kid's name is Nate, not a bad kid. Just not bad enough for this place... Poor kid.

"Tetsu! Ughhhhhh. I give up." Nate sighs and messes up his hair in frustration.

"Now that's no way an agent is supposed to act. Wouldn't you agree, Daiki?" I don't even need to look as I feel him nearby.

"Right you are my young friend. " he smiles at me, Daiki isn't a bad guy after you get over the fact that he literally works to kill people who don't agree with the company or poses a threat. He just follows orders like I do. I admit a few years ago I was untrained and needed to be guided. I was only eighteen, now that I'm older, twenty. I've learned my place.

"I assume we have a mission? You wouldn't be bugging me and the kids if it weren't important." I said coldly. I'm not the nicest guy, there isn't anything to explain.

"Did you wake up on the wrong side of bed this morning?" He taunts and mock pouts at me.

I sigh and answer, "Do you want to find out? joking with him. I roll my eyes at him and wait for him to get serious.

"Yeah bud, our group has been summoned." The air changes fast as he gets dead serious. We can't disclose our missions in public since ours is much more important than most of the other field agents. There are only a few VIP groups, I'm in one of them. Unfortunately.

I look at Nate, and a few of the others I was training and walk away. Not saying another word until we get to the big boss. Looking around as we walk is boring, but it's more interesting than the silence. Daiki is among the older agents almost senior, he gets along with his older friends than the new. I'm not stupid enough to think that the people here are good friends, I think the closest is the newbies, that is until they get crazy and think they're superior. I lose trust when they get high in their britches. Then I ignore them. The only real friend is my dog. Nigo. I wouldn't replace him with anyone. No one is allowed to have pets, mine is a special case. It was under the condition of joining.

We reach the door and knock. You can't just walk in a room you have to announce yourself. Which sucks, I don't like making any kind of scenes.

"You may enter."

Taking a deep breath, I turn the knob and we enter. I don't particularly like my job. Luckily I don't have to be the one who has to kill. Even so, I'm trained to.

"Good, you got him!" Seijuro, big boss says to Daiki.

The air gets cold again, but I tune on to see if I can catch anything before it's said to us. They don't tell you everything, it has to make you wonder. It's good to be an empath. I catch something interesting from our boss. I can't quite explain the feeling. But whatever it is, must be big enough if it's eating at him in many ways. Just as I tune out I catch a random thought. Taiga. This might be the topic of the day as it seems. Usually I think or do something if it's important. Thank you intuitive warnings!

I break out of my thoughts, and focus on Seijuro. The rest of the agents would get their asses handed to them on a silver plate if they called him by name.

"Getting to the point you--" he points at me first, "and Daiki need to scout out Taiga's newest hide out." I blink a few times. Raising an eyebrow I stay silent.

"After you scout, call me and I will tell you your next orders. We have a general area, but we aren't sure where. He's always switching places we haven't the slightest of how many places he has."

I interject, "Why does it matter?" focussing on his feels.

"I thought he wasn't important, considering you got me from him. Not even a word was said about him since my being here." I stated. Smirking inwardly, he is irritated now. Good. Seems to me he was trying to get off the raidar. Welp, there's that answer. I tune out since I already got what I wanted. He was trying not to alert me and him for whatever reason. Now as for the why...

"--Are you listening?" Daiki smacks my arm.

"Hmmmm?" I nod.

"Right well now that Tetsu is back with us,  take this tablet and use the map we have on it for reference. Now go get ready to leave, you leave in fifteen." Seijuro shooed us off and we went our separate ways.

I'm aware this is short. But it's a good intro for the new way and new story. Mind you, I'm using my own empath abilities as possible references. So please bare with me and the story!!

-empath girl