Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It's been almost a year since we defeated Victor and officially became the Fantastic Four. It's been almost a year since Reed asked me to marry him.
Every moment I've spent with Reed has been perfect, well almost every moment. We've had a few disagreements but what couple doesn't. We've also tried to get married twice, yes twice. We're still not married yet, but we're happy.

Today's Sunday, and this afternoon me and Reed are supposed to be going on a date. I love him to pieces but technology, meeting and saving the world seems to take over his life. I know he feels bad about the times he has spent the time with the military and the government and other important people instead of me, and I know that it's not usually his fault but is still get disappointed when it happens.

This morning I was in the living room with Johnny, Ben and Alicia, just watching the news when Reed walked in having an argument in the phone with someone:
"I understand what you are saying," he said in to the phone "but I've got something going on today. I would be happy to meet with you another time..."

He was cut off by the other person talking, and I couldn't quite make out what they were saying.

"That's very unfortunate..." Reed answered, "but I assure you there is no way I can rearrange what I'm doing today. "

The person on the phone attempted to argue back but Reed cut them off by hanging up.

"What was that about?" Ben asked, saying the question I was thinking.

"I'm not entirely sure," Reed replied, "some woman from some science thing wanting me to do a lecture. He actually looked like he didn't care about it.
Then Reed excused himself and went to his lab, and I followed after him.

When I entered his lab, Reed was sitting at his computer.
"So what was that phone call actually about?" I asked. He looked up at me and was about to repeat what he had said when I gave him a stern look he was about to answer when Johnny called us into the other room.