Chapter 2

Together Reed and I walked into the other room to find Ben and Johnny watching the news. On the screen all you could see was a car wreck and civilians panicking, the four of us immediately put on our suits without hesitation or confirmation, and went to help the people of the city.

*****************

When we got to their we saw four different cars that had crashed, there were people trapped in one of the cars, and the fire fighters were struggling to get to them. Ben went straight towards them and assisted, first of all he dismantled the car and got the people out safely, some looked scared or mortified and others flustered

Johnny had seen a spark coming from one of the other cars and went over there, he had tried to shield anyone from any fire or explosion that may have occurred.

All of a sudden I saw something coming from overhead, suddenly I shouted "Guys! Look out!" as I pointed high in the sky, a bright light shone by and suddenly I felt something hit me in the stomach, then blackness.

*****************

Everything seemed a blur, I heard direct voices, "She should be alright. I'm not sure what is wrong with her." Reed said.

"Should be? Does that mean that she will be ok? Or does that mean she won't be ok?" Johnny said. Seemingly worried.

I tried to open my eyes and all I saw was his mouth open to reply to what Johnny had just said. His eyes suddenly flicked to me, "Sue! Are you ok? What happened? Do you feel ok?-"

"Reed, breathe I'm ok. I was hoping you could tell me what happened."

Reed and Johnny shared a worried glance, and then they both looked back at me, as I gently got up off the table both of them shot to my aid, and we walked into the kitchen. Ben was sat in the living room watching the TV.

"Hey Ben." I sad to him.

"Hi Suzie, what's going-- wait I thought you were hurt? What are you doing out here? You should be in the lab. I'm sure Reed will want to run some more tests on you!"

At that moment Reed and Johhny came running in to the kitchen where they had just left me, they seemed to have gotten over their sudden shock. They both opened their mouths to say something when I interupted.

"Ok, everybody freeze! I feel fine, nothing is wrong with me, I feel perfectly normal it's just--" they weren't moving. All three of them appeared to be frozen in time, they didn't even look like they were breathing. I'm pretty sure that is not normal. I walked over to Reed and began to wave a hand in front of his face, he didn't even blink.

'Something is very wrong' I thought to myself. 'Why aren't any of them moving'

"Ok. When I told you to freeze this isn't--"

"Why are you out here Sue?! I need to run some tests"

"Wait you guys are moving! Wow, something really strange happened"

All three men looked at me with blank faces. They looked extremely confused and it seemed like each of them was considering whether or not I was sane.

"What do you mean we're moving? It's not like we froze or anything." Ben said, with a worried look on his rock like features.

"Yes! Yes you were! All three of you were frozen and then you didn't move at all, and you weren't even breathing!" I replied, getting frustrated

"Look, maybe you just need some rest. Maybe later we can run some tests and go over what just happened," Reed said, obviously concerned for my sanity, maybe more so than I was.

"You might be right," I answered, not wanting to start an argument I walked to my and Reed's room with him following closely behing. As we got to the door, I pulled him into a tight hug and he hugged me back even tighter.

"I'm sorry Sue, it's just that i'm really worried about you." He said to me quietly. i pulled him tighter for a moment, I gave him a quick kiss and smiled before I went into the room to get some sleep.

As I closed my eyes I genuinely questioned my sanity.