Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up to banging and yelling. I noticed that Reed was not next to me, and one of the voices I could hear in the background definitely belonged to him. Quickly, I got dressed and rushed out into the hallway, once I was there I saw Reed, Ben and Johnny all stood there having a yelling match with Wolverine. The conversation that they were having was very threatening, Reed was pushed against the wall by Wolverine and Johnny had a fireball in his hand. Wolverine had his claws extended and they were headed towards Reed, but Ben interrupted him.

"Listen here twinkle toes!" Ben yelled at him "carry on like that and you will be spending the next week regenerating!" and he took a big step towards him.

"The name's Logan" Wolverine replied "and I'd prefer you to use it" he seemed quite calm under the circumstances.

"Ben!" I scolded him, "you will not do anything of the sort! He is here to help us, and you will be nice to him." At my outburst all heads turned in my direction, Logan let go of Reed and retracted his claws then Johnny put out the flame.

"Ben?" I repeated demanding him to reconsider his actions.

"This guy waltz's in here, threatens us, was about to slice and dice your fiancée and you're defending him!" Ben replied gruffly.

"Excuse me? He is here to help and he is staying! If you have a problem with that. Tough!"

*******************************************************************************

The next few days were difficult for the Fantastic Four. With Logan, teamwork was not something he was used to, he did not trust us and consequently none of us trusted him. If things did not get sorted soon something bad would happen and people would get hurt. The everyday things that the Fantastic Four usually helped with did not seem to bother Logan and he only really helped with the big problems, this was no help to us although we did need help, we needed help with everything not just the 'fun' things as he referred to them.

Things continued to get worse between the five of us, arguments became more frequent not just between the Fantastic Four and Logan but within the Fantastic Four. Mainly the arguments were between Logan and Ben, Ben and Johnny and me and Reed, I hated fighting with Reed it would be silly things that set us off and usually the root of the problem was Logan.

After a week had passed and things were not getting better, I decided that enough was enough and gave Professor Xavier another call.

"Hello?" said the professor.

"Professor, this is Susan Storm. I am calling about the mutant you sent over to help us, it's just that things are not working the way we had hoped." I replied, trying to be as polite as possible because of course he was just trying to help us out and here I was complaining about the person he sent to help us out.

"I am very sorry to hear that Susan. I must insure you though that Logan is one of the best mutants I have on my team. I must admit though that teamwork be it not his strong point, but you must begin to trust him and in turn he will trust you." The professor told me, his voice held sincerity throughout.

"Okay, professor, we will give it another try and we will trust him."

We said farewell to each other and I put the phone down. Now I just had to convince the others to work with Logan again. That should be an interesting conversation!