love

Do any of you believe in true love? I did, but I don't know about now. I met a girl I liked last year, and we became friends instantly. She's the reason I'm neck deep in the music I listen to (thanks BTW). Then we grew apart after a few weeks...I dunno why. But I kinda pulled her back and we became friends again. Around the fourth quarter of last year, I knew that I really liked her. Then over the summer, I told her and she didn't like it. Then I went to her horse show just before the fair to try to make amends and she took it the wrong way. 

She didn't talk to me until about the beginning of the second quarter of this year. We started talking again as friends, even though I liked her. I'm pretty sure she knew. But as time went on, she kinda started to return the affection. I suspected since fair week that I truly loved her, but now I was pretty certain. I asked her out on the 21st of January (1/21 for all you Green Day fans)

She broke up with me six days later. She said she didn't want to get hurt. I've been in an 8 month relationship, mind you, but I was crushed. I told her I wouldn't give up on her, and I didn't. A few weeks later we were flirting and acting kinda couply and I convinced her to go to dinner on Valentines Day with me, but we couldn't because of the snow. 

The next day, she told me we didn't have a chance at a relationship. She says she used me as a rebound and that it wasn't fair. Her last boyfriend is a nice guy. I go to school with him, and we are friends. But he never really made time for her. He never went out of his way to make her feel special. At least, not that she's told me. But I asked her out two weeks after they broke up, which happened to be the day before their anniversary (4 month?)

Now we are talking as friends again. She still says we don't have a future. But I love her. She means so much to me. I have to respect her wishes, but I don't feel like I can function without her. 

Song: Papa Roach - Forever