Chapter 7

It had been about 3 days since Phil uploaded the video. Three long days of sleeping, visits and telephone conversations that always ended in tears, then more sleeping. He barely ate anything, and slept for most of the day.
     There was only one day till the funeral, and Phil's mind was racing. He was certain they'd ask him to speak, and of course, he felt it was necessary he did so, but how could he sum up everything in such little time? He had no words to describe his time with Dan, and even if he could write a decent paragraph about his deceased partner, it would feel far too personal. He would be in tears after reading just one sentence.
Ring ring.
Phil trudged over to the phone. "Hello, it's Phil here." He spoke coldly into the mouthpiece.
"Hello, hun." The voice of his mum came through the speaker. "I just wanted to remind you that the funeral's tomorrow, just in case you'd forgotten. I know it's a lot to ask, but could you write a little blurb about Dan? If he were here, I'm sure he'd want it." Phil mumbled a short reply into the phone, and listened as his mother filled him in on the details of the ceremony.
"It's gonna be okay, Phil. Stay strong." The phone clicked as she hung up.
That was pretty much the only phone call Phil received that day, to his relief. The rest of the day was spent sorting out an outfit for the following day and attempting to write out a decent piece for the funeral. Four hours and 30 pieces of crumpled paper later, he had an okay paragraph and a head ache. Phil slipped the paper into his jean pockets, and walked solemnly to his room. Despite spending most of his days sleeping, he found himself the most tired he'd ever felt. Phil's eyelids flickered shut almost the second he touched the pillow, falling into a dreamless sleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Wow! Another extremely cheesy chapter...oops
I wrote this while I was sick, so I guess that's an excuse. Hope you enjoy!