Chapter 9

Phil rested his hand on Dan's chest. The cold, clammy feeling of death seemed to force it's way through the fancy outfit that his friend was dressed in. Dan's skin had been pale, but no where near as pale as it was now, and the blank stare of his deep, brown eyes sent a chill down Phil's spine.
"You obviously can't hear me, I know that." He felt stupid speaking to the body, but it felt necessary to say a final goodbye. "I miss you so much already-I don't think I'll last much longer." He glanced around, double checking to make sure no family was still around. Even knowing he was alone, Phil leaned down towards the ear of his dead partner, and whispered, "I think I might join you tomorrow.".
He looked down at the body. It looked so peaceful, so relaxing.
"I love you Dan. You know that, I've told you so many times. I wish I could've known you were gonna die, I could have at least prepared myself, or made the best of our last day together."
Not again, he thought, as more tears began rolling down his cheeks.
Resting his head on the chest of his friend, he cried freely, until no more tears remained.
No more crying after this. Be strong.
He raised his head up, wiping the tears away from his pale cheeks.
"Goodbye, Dan." He turned his back on the dead boy and strode out of the building.

author's note:
I'm just now realizing that this isn't exactly how funerals/deaths go...
Sorry for the short chapter!