Chapter 18 - Japan

Chapter 18 (Japan)

My phone rang as me and the guys were loading up the girls for the kill run and of course I had my hands full, we all had our hands full. I had no choice but to let it ring, “I hope it’s not dad,” I grumbled to Mike. My dad had Jeremiah and he would only call if it was an emergency.

“It could be your pet, she’d have her timelines screwed up,” Mike laughed.

“I haven’t told her to call me, so if it was her, she’d be calling Paul’s phone.” She hasn’t called me on her own for the whole week she has been gone.

“It could be Brice,” Paul suggested loudly, dragging his kicking and screaming girl to the van.

“I hope he leaves a message,” these girls knew what was up, if we took one hand off of them they would be gone. My phone went to voice mail and then a second later a text beeped. It had to have been important for someone to skip leaving a message and to text.

The girl fought us every step of the way, not even our guns stopped their fight. They would risk being shot before getting in those vans. If it wasn’t for the text message and phone call, I would have found that hilarious. “Paul, your pet is locked in your room, isn’t she?” I had tackled Paul’s girl and pinned her to the ground.

“Yep,” he said irritated, the curiosity of who was calling me was killing the guys. He came over and grabbed his girl around the neck, just as Mike’s girl dodged the guns and ran from the back of the van.

It is a damn good thing we don’t feed these girls two days before we kill them. Mike took off after her and caught her right away. “I say we’re deer hunting,” Mike snapped holding his gun to her head.

“At eight at night in the middle of June,” I shot down his suggestion.

“Better poaching than murder,” he grumbled not letting it go.

“No, Mike. Get her in the van,” I snapped sick of playing this game.

As soon as the van doors shut, I grabbed my phone and checked my message, ‘My concert is on 724 live at 4 a.m. your time,’ from pet.

“Of course it would at four in the morning,” I laughed putting my phone back. “Pet’s live concert,” I said answering all the stares. I text her back, ‘I’ll be watching. I’ll call you when I get back. It’s Friday night.’

“You’re not seriously watching it at four in the morning are you?” Shawn asked looking over my shoulder.

“You bet I am. If something happens, I want to know right away.” I said smug jumping in my car. The rest followed my lead and jumped in the vans or with me.

We ended up hunting that night, it was a feisty bunch. They escaped out of the vans as soon as the doors were opened. (get into detail)

I called pet as soon as I got back in the car. “Is something wrong pet?” I asked as she kept on about how ridiculous it was for me to stay up and watch her concert.

“You’ve got a late night tomorrow.”

“I told you, my dad has Jeremiah. I can sleep in as long as I want. Something is wrong or else you wouldn’t be acting like this, so what is it?” I was beginning to get irritated.

“Some of J.C.’s gang has been spotted here,” she mumbled so quietly it was almost inaudible.

It took me so long to get that out of her we were back at the house and sitting around the living room. I looked up at the guys fearful, there was no way I could get there before her concert. “Pet, be careful and don’t do anything stupid. Listen to Brice and stay near him.” I sighed in frustration, I didn’t like the idea of putting her in someone else’s hands. “Do they know where J.C. is?”