J.C. and Rose

Chapter 14 (J.C. and Rose)

We pulled into a high security parking garage with guards at the entrance and a key pad with numbers. “So, are you going to tell me the password?” I asked smirking at pet.

“It’s the last four numbers of my social security and the first four numbers of my driver’s license.” She smirked back.

“Are you going to tell me the last four numbers of you social security and the first four numbers of your driver’s license?” I asked laughing.

“Well, there’s a zero in there, a couple twos, a couple fours, a five and a couple eights.” She smiled answering my question.

“How about the order?” I asked again.

“I’m not authorized to tell you that,” she answered laughing. I will get the code.

At the entrance to the building there was another key pad. I was blocked by security so I couldn’t see the code. “It’s a different code,” pet bragged. We reached the elevator and in side there was another hidden key pad and once again they blocked that from me too. “It’s a different code,” pet bragged again.

I almost hit the floor when we reached her door and she pulled out a set of regular house keys. “Oh my god, no more codes,” I said sarcastically as she unlocked the door. “Only to my personal section of the garage.” she perked up. “I’ve only got two bedrooms, but you guys can sleep wherever,” pet said opening the door to her apartment. Her apartment was spotless, huge and open, to the side there was windows from the floor to the ceiling over looking the New York City sky line with a kitchen table and chairs set in front of them and to the other side a small kitchen and living room. Instantly, all eyes fell on the round glass bar in the middle, filled to the max with all sorts of liquor bottles separating the rooms.

“I think I need to sign her up for AA when we get back,” I muttered under my breath looking at the bar.

She walked straight through, going into a room. “Make yourselves at home.” With that being said, half the guys went straight for the bar, the other half went to the big projection screen and all the movies lining the wall.

“Hey, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.,“ Mike laughed pouring himself a drink. Me and my dad simply went to the window.

“My roommate Rose should be home soon,” she said snotty from inside the room.

Everyone stopped what they were doing intensely staring at me.

I handed Jeremiah to my dad and then stormed into her room, she had her shirt over her head when I grabbed her from behind. I dug my fingers under her ribcage on the opposite side of the bandage that I was shocked to see her wearing. “Very cute, pet,” I hissed sarcastically into her ear, making sure she still knew she was my pet. She tried jerking away from me, but I held her in place. This was not a joking matter. “She is supposed to be dead.”

“You leave a mark on me, it’ll be all over the media.” She threatened and I pushed harder into her side and up under her ribs.

“Then maybe you shouldn’t be so clumsy.” She was not going to threaten me. “When is she coming home?”

“She just text me saying she was on her way. Maybe a half an hour or less, I don’t know.” She cried in pain trying to loosen my grip on her. “She was supposed to be out of town, I was just letting you guys know.” I let her go, turning her into me.

I pulled her shirt off the rest of the way, caressing her side that I had dug my fingers in. “Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“By the time you mentioned her name, she would have already been back in New York. I thought it was pointless, I didn’t think I’d ever see her again.” Pet spoke softly looking to the floor.