Last chapter; Goodbyes

Been getting a lot of confused readers...Keep reminding yourselves they are NOT a couple.  The entire Baradado family's way of life and thinking is different than the normal.  Lucas DOES love Amber.  Read on to part 2, it may clear things up for you all.  Keep asking questions, if it's not in part 2 I will know and can answer them better in part 2...  I will answer ALL questions regaurdless, I don't want to leave you confused for that long.  This is a book you have to read carefully and between the lines.

Chapter 22 (Goodbyes)

The next morning I snuck downstairs to make a pot of coffee. When I got back up to my room, my bedroom window was open and pet was gone. I darted down the stairs almost taking Justin with me and straight to the garage. The side door was open and so was the garage. The spot my car sat in was empty with a note telling me to pick my car up at the airport.

A couple weeks passed and no word of pet, not even on the news. She avoided the press and media. Her lawyers said she would come back out after J.C. was sentenced. The sheriff showed up with a sad face, with court papers. Pet was going for full custody of Jeremiah. The only phone number on the sheet was for an attorney’s office in New York. By special request of Miss Amber Allen, I can only have contact with her sister’s law firm. I tried calling her parents and her brother, but their phones have been disconnected.

My dad rushed over in record time after Mike called him and told him what was happening and I was having a fit. I had a right to my fit, she was calling me an unfit father. My fit was bad enough that the guys took the girls they had out and locked them and Rose back downstairs and Paul’s pet hid, locked in his room. I caused chaos through out my house, until I scared Jeremiah and my dad took him across the room from me. I quit my tantrum and looked down at my girl, the only girl that didn’t get locked away. She was beaten bloody, crying and barely conscious. The only thing she did wrong was by being out and near me when I lost my temper. She was small and helpless just like pet.

“I would never do that to pet,” I claimed looking at the beaten girl, unsure of my own words.

A gun shot rang out and the girl was instantly dead. My dad stood above her across from me with Jeremiah in one arm and a gun in the other hand. “She was coughing up blood and had internal bleeding. She was slowly dying.” He stated cold and harshly staring at me.

Jeremiah cried holding his pudgy little hands out to me, I took him from my father and sat down. I held him against my blood covered body for dear life, “she’s not getting him.”

“Lucas, calm down and then call her sister. She’s going to take him one way or another. Try and work out a deal with her.”

“I can only imagine what she told her sister,” I grumbled dialing her sister’s phone, I was as calm as I going to get.

“Allen and Garcia Law firm, this is Andrea.”

“This is Lucas, I got the papers.” I said lost for words.

“Are you going to fight for him?”

“Can I talk to her, please?” I asked doubting the answer.

“Lucas, she knows better than to call you from her phone and she hasn’t came out of hiding since she came back. She has locked herself in a room and I’m not telling you or anyone where that is. All I’ll say is she’s got an ocean between you two, so don‘t bother looking for her.”

“Andrea, I love her, I love Jeremiah and I’m not going to let it end this way.”

“She loves you too, but you have a drinking, drug and anger problem, just like J.C. She doesn’t want to go through that again.”